when to put under HID light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KP419

Reaction score
When should you start putting your new plants under a MH light? Or can you start a seedling under a HID light? I have never tried it but as far as I know you should start under a smaller less intense light, Correct?

either way, if you use hid just keep it up at first and lower it as you go.

KP419 said:
When should you start putting your new plants under a MH light? Or can you start a seedling under a HID light? I have never tried it but as far as I know you should start under a smaller less intense light, Correct?

I used to use my HPS right from the get go...after switching to starting and vegging my plants under HO T5's I can say that HID lighting seems to promote loads more stretch. I would recommend starting seedlings under floros. jmo

Yup I use my mh from start to finish just the difference in distance.

BWD

I thought about that but was worried about that strong of a light killing the seedlings. I have always used CFLs to start until about 5 to 6 inches tall but want to do something different...I am just worried about my plants stretching. I have always had issues with having tall plants with far spaced nodes. I want to invest in a 8 bulb HO T5 but just dont have the $269 to spend at the moment and I do not want to wait any longer to start this next crop. Thanks for the info everyone

Latest posts

Back