When will you know if its hermi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Leafminer, yea im in same boat, last thing i would do is keep a hermi, but i have 3 flower rooms and 3 veg so one can be outa action for a while, while i clean the pollen.
Im keen as to try the smoke from this cross, just wish i didnt cross with haze... its taking so long to finish hehe

I was wondering if ive got any chance of these seeds ever turning 100% girl but from wat ive read..... since i used hermi male pollen every seed will be hermi :( oh well, next cross ill find out how to stress a girl into giving pollen

mazda3234wd said:
Hey Leafminer, yea im in same boat, last thing i would do is keep a hermi, but i have 3 flower rooms and 3 veg so one can be outa action for a while, while i clean the pollen.
Im keen as to try the smoke from this cross, just wish i didnt cross with haze... its taking so long to finish hehe

I was wondering if ive got any chance of these seeds ever turning 100% girl but from wat ive read..... since i used hermi male pollen every seed will be hermi :( oh well, next cross ill find out how to stress a girl into giving pollen

I don't think it is true to say that the offspring will all be hermie if only one of the partners was. It's a genetic tendency and it will depend if the gene is dominant or not.
Yeah, I would have liked to use better genetics. I also find ordering seed scary and it's an international shipment for me too.
So far it seems like my hybrid stands a good chance of not being hermie; all the hermie parents showed male flowers early and this is showing female preflowers, late by comparison. It's annoying bc all the clones were switched to 12/12 at the same time as it was, and the hybrid is stubbornly holding out more like a late sativa than the indica female parent.
I guess I will eventually take the plunge and order a premier line of sativa to experiment with, but for now, my little trial keeps me amused. . . :cool:

You the Man Mazda!!!!! I looked and found that clear two prong pug and the end it plugs into...:rofl: PM me your Bill man..Cause I was about to pay a shop to figure it out...Man how things come into my life when needed..Thanks a bunch:bolt::bong:

Woot, you found it, :D
Im glad you didnt end up taking it to a shop bcuz then you woulda had a $200+ bill and all they woulda done was plug that plug back in lol,
Happy that I could finally pass something ive learnt about cars onto someone else!, Any other probs with the mazda let me know! once you strip one of these and rebuild it piece for piece you kinda remember everything.
In middle of our 2nd one atm hehe :hubba:

I sure will look you up thanks...up in post 21..you said you wanted to stress a female into giveing pollen..Thats what a HERMIE is my friend..to do a cross you need the pollen from a strong Male and take that Pollen to pollenate a True female..I have finally got my Male to do this too..White Widow..and plan to pollenate white widow for seeds and cross white widow with some others that I have..Good Luck and KEEP M GREEN:bolt::bong:

mazda3234wd said:

Of course, seeds from hermies are not guaranteed to hermie, but they have the genetic predisposition to do so. What it gets down to is a crap shoot--however, the odds are that it will hermie.

You seem to understand that pollen from hermies is useless and creates hermies. And seeds from hermies are useless and create hermies. So, I'm confused. Why would you deliberately stress a girl into producing pollen?

From wat i have read, the way you get 100% fem seeds is...

Start with 2 females, i was originally told that u can use a chemical to stress one of the females into producing male pollen, since females are xx and male is xy crossing with a male will give u 50% chance at getting females. but getting a female to produce pollen means ur crossing xx with xx so 100% females......

LOL is this totally wrong? this is wat my stoned little head has made up from wat its read on the net hah.

But yea i know stressing female means uve got a hermi!!!
Me confused now

Latest posts

Back