where's the crystals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
am I doing something wrong or do some strains not produce lots of crystals. I have had the same 2 strains for about 6 grows and I can't get the visualy appealing crystals I see on others buds. I have tried bigger pots.big bud,mollasses. I switched from fox farm to gh. The stuff is sticky and plenty of red hair. but I want crystals

More info please especially about room conditions and more about your feed schedule and what you're growing in will help others give you clarity on this.

But genetics can play a role in it I believe, what is the strain you are running?

soil grow, 4x4 600w hps. strains are Plushberry and Sweet Wreck. pump in fresh air during lights on. temps right at 80 lights on, mid 70's off. air cooled hood. happy frog soil with sweet lime and perlite. feed every other watering with gh. weeks 2-4 add big bud during flower. add the cal/mag once in awhile. and mollasses in flower last 4 weeks every other watering.
pots up to 5 gal from 2

Should also add that about 2-3 weeks in when they are starting to bud I see quite a bit of crystal, then it just kinda all dissapears towards harvest time

just curious how long u let them bud for, as I assume we are talking about the trics?

Some strains just don't trich up as much as others. How is the smoke?

It sounds like you may be letting them go too long. I have a strain that when I let it go too long the trichs regress. The breeder calls for 9weeks but if I let it go past 8wks the trichs will regress a lot.

dontknowmuch said:
am I doing something wrong or do some strains not produce lots of crystals. I have had the same 2 strains for about 6 grows and I can't get the visualy appealing crystals I see on others buds. I have tried bigger pots.big bud,mollasses. I switched from fox farm to gh. The stuff is sticky and plenty of red hair. but I want crystals

i tried CANNABOOST and got my best grow yet. not real sure but THINK it helped alot. some of my plants are loaded w/ trics. some just have avg., though still good.:)

I harvest when the trichs are cloudy with just a touch of amber.

As far as the smoke, I do not partake myself but am told it is just as good if not better as any mid shelf product at the dispenseries.

Latest posts

Back