Which exhaust should i use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph James

What's goin on?
Reaction score
Here's what i faound. I can get a 170 cfm inline fan from htgs for $100.00.
Or, I can get a 6 inch inline duct booster from home depot rated at 250 cfm for $34.00 and use a 4 to 6 inch adapter which cost about $10.00. I posted some pictures of the hardware. The only thing I'm worried about is the duct booster getting to hot to operate. Will it handle the heat like the inline fan will?

What do guys think I should go with?

fan.jpg

adapter.jpg

htgs inline fan.jpg

I would go with the $100 inline, then you can add carbon filter when smell gets bad. IMO those duct fans arent very effective.

I think they get pretty fishy with the CFM ratings. If its to vent a light, I would go with the inline.

i didnt read the thread or other posts but the one you should use is the biggest u can fit for the money...

I think I'll try this...The 6 inch inline fan with carbopn filter. The fan is rated at 424 cfm and is only 20 bucks more than the 4 inch fan. Then I can utilize the 4 to 6 inch adapter and have a real cool set up.

Is more cfm always better? This exhaust is going on a 400 watt sodium. Or am I going a bit overkill?

combo.jpg

Latest posts

Back