White Main Cola tip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growbuddy

SEVENTEEN
Reaction score
Hey, so i have my 1000 watt hps about 3 inches away from my plants. I am able to do this because i have an 8 in fan pulling heat off the bulb. with a great reflector with a 1/4 in thick glass. and 2 fans in the room. But the temps are good and no burn tips

I am in week 5 of flowering and my traiwreck has a resin filled bud; the main cola is 11 inches or so above the canopy and the tip of the plant is completely white. no green at all, but .5 inches below the tip of the main cola is green.

is this ok to have a whit tip? should i raise the light although there is no heat issue?

There is such a thing as light bleaching, its caused by a strong light too close to the plant.

:peace:

:yeahthat: :rolleyes:

I think there IS too much of a good thing... I have a 1K with a cool tube inside a reflector and I've found that about 8-10" is about as close as I like to get or I get some 'bleaching' effects on the tips of my buds. Do you have a thermometer with a remote sensor that you can put for a minute at the top of your cola to see what the temps are right there? It may be hotter than you think too...

Happy Growing!:cool:

You are getting light bleaching as stated above. Move the light up to atleast 6-8 inches above the plant. I keep my 400 and 600 no more than within 8 inches.

Light bleaching happens. Get that light up some!

Latest posts

Back