White Rhino growlog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old blue

Reaction score
This is my first time growing white rhino, so i thought i'd start a log and share my experience with all u good people. I only had 2 rhino seeds from nirvana that i got from a friend. So after germing them via paper towel method, and then putting them into rockwool cubes, they both luckily took off. So, i then vegged them under my 400mh for 4 weeks, til they were about 8" tall, and 14" wide(i fimmed them, to keep em short and bushy. look at the 2nd node split in the last pic). Then a lil under 2 wks ago, i put em under my 400hps and flipped em to 12/12. At 6 days into flower, 1 proved to be fem, and then 2 days later, the other showed his balls. :-( So, after choppin his head off, i now have 1 beautiful bushy lady, that as of today, is 25" tall, with an even canopy of about 25 branches.

Right before putting her into flower, i took 2 clones from her, that i now have to the right of her. I'll be skipping the veg cycle all together, as a test to see how much they'll grow being put directly into flowering, after forming a good root structure in the diy bubbler cloner.

I also took 4 more clones off of her, as soon as she showed her sex, a wk into flowering, that are now in the cloner. I'll be keeping 1 as a mother, and will grow the other 3 out, while waiting for this group to be done flowering.

btw, i'm using single 5 gal buckets, dwc, changing out the water every 2wks during flowering. I'm using floranova grow and bloom nutes, with some liquid karma, calmag, and carboload(while in flower).

The last 2 days, she's grown 2-3" per night!

PC250244.JPG

PC250245.JPG

PC250246.JPG

PC250247.JPG

PC260245.JPG

In the past 3 days, my big white rhino girl has shot up 6 more inches to 31" tall now. And she has gotten so wide that her branches startin sagging and blocking all the light from the others in there, so i had to tie them all up to make her more compact. Yesterday was week 2 in flower, and shes budding very nice already, cant wait til she starts gettin frosty. ;-)

Looks great so far, I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Good luck!

very nice! you inspire with your photography as well.

Good luck to ya man!! I like the bucket tops. whats that all about?? whats your walls lined with?

noice! :48: been wondering about white rhino lately myself...

northernlightssmokn said:
Good luck to ya man!! I like the bucket tops. whats that all about?? whats your walls lined with?

They are 6" netlids i got from my local hydro store. They're nice and sturdy and easier to change out than netpots. And my walls are lined with insulation board covered with mylar.

This big rhino is really sucking down some water. I've been adding over a gal a day, for the past week! She's also growing 2" a night as well, to now just over 36". Her 2 clones to her right are doing very well also. The back 1 is growing much faster than the front 1, and they're both starting to show their fem parts.

PC310244.JPG

PC310246.JPG

PC310245.JPG

very nice i look foward to my upcoming breeding project with this strain..

is there a big diffrence between nv white rhino and ghs wr?

EASTLA_KUSHSMOKA said:
very nice i look foward to my upcoming breeding project with this strain..

is there a big diffrence between nv white rhino and ghs wr?

Sorry, but i have no idea. This is my 1st experience with white rhino, and mine is by nirvana. But u will def like growin her. Shes quite the vigorous one! lol. I never thought a plant that i fimmed and flipped to 12/12 at 8" tall, would grow to over 36" tall(so far)! That means she's already 4 1/2 times her veggin height, and she's only 2 1/2 weeks into flower.

Today my baby has been in flower for 3 weeks and is still growing. She is now 44" tall (58" including bucket) and has 6 main colas that far surpassed the rest in growth. I just raised the light up as high as possible, and she's growing around it. Luckily i have a cool tube, so she doesn't burn. If she grows any more, i'll have to start tying her down. For anyone that is considering growing rhino, i strongly recommend flowering her at 5-8", cause mine has gone from 8" to 44" in only 3 weeks, and i have a feeling she's not done yet.

Pic 1- my 5x2x5 1/2' growtent, showing all my babies. (2 buckets to her right are her clones, and single bucket to her left is from a cambodian seed that my buddy gave me that is the same exact age as my big rhino. lol)

pic 2- close up of 1 of her buds

pic 3- 1 of her clones, growing nicely.

P1040248.JPG

P1040245.JPG

P1040246.JPG

old blue said:
Just thought i'd post a pic that i snapped of my baby out of her cage, while i was changing her diaper. lol.

I think I found my new screen saver!!....lol

most doms grow the best subs...You better put her in chastity before she :bolt:

LOL

northernlightssmokn said:
I think I found my new screen saver!!....lol

most doms grow the best subs...You better put her in chastity before she :bolt:

LOL

yeah, she's startin to get a lil out of hand!

What nutrients are you using? What is your ppm for each stage?

joseaf said:
What nutrients are you using? What is your ppm for each stage?

I use Flora nova bloom and grow, Liquid Karma, Calmag, and Carboload.

In veg, i start out with a small amount of grow(100 ppm), a little liquid karma(boosting it to 150ppm total) and some calmag because i use RO water.

Then, about every 4-5 days i bump up the ppm another 150 or so, til i top out at around 900 ppm at the end of my 4 week veg.

Then when i flower, i start out at 900ppm, but i use 50/50 grow/bloom nutes for the 1st week in flower.

Then change the res and go to 900 ppm bloom, liquid karma and carboload nutes and slowly raise it up 100 or so, every 5-7 days, topping at 1400ppm for White rhino cause she can handle heavy nutes.

Btw, i had to rearrange my grow tent today, and put her on the right side, cause she grew up past the light, so i have her taller branches growing up past the open end of my cool tube, where they still get light, but cant burn. So i have her 2 clones directly under the light, and they're really taking off too. I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them.

Latest posts

Back