who flowers with T5's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rose why do you want to do this?

I love T-5's when used at the right times during the grow. I follow what my good friend from this forum taught me by the way, and have never changed.
A couple 4ft. fluorescents for seeds and sprouts. approx. 2 wks
At least 4, 4 ft T-5s for vegging 4-6 plants for approx. 3-4 wks.
Then a full spectrum HPS 600-1000 for another couple of weeks vegging.
Then on to the flowering cycle with the HPS
The plant will take off, then to your liking switch to 12/12 for flowering with the HPS.

Works perfect!
T-rex

A better question is why not....it gets dull and boring doing the same old system...over and over...keep it exciting...do what your curious about...living through someone else's experiences provides no entertainment...every grow I try something new..I haven't duplicated he same indoor technique yet...it keeps it fresh,exciting and fun...and for most of us...that's why we do this....its about passion not profit...so you yield less...I mean unless your paying bills with your grows and depend on the best yield possible.....it doesn't matter...In my ever so humble opinion...if every day was a sunny day, what's a sunny day?

pcduck said:
Rose why do you want to do this?

I don't know if I want to do it Duck, that is why I asked if anyone had done it. Heat in the grow room is why I wondered about it. I wondered if the technology had changed and you could do it. No hot ballasts would be nice. I have a 400 and 600 HPS, and I just wondered.

When I grew with the T5s,,I grew in a 3Dx4Wx8H room. Kept the T5s 2" from my Canopy. I had a 170cfm exhaust fan. My temps were always around 80 to 85,,and I was in the deep south,,so Temps can be maintained with proper ventilation.

Rose, I would not flower with T5s if you have a HPS. I'm pretty sure that we can get your ventilation set up so that you can use your HPS and not get too hot. There is absolutely no doubt that yield will suffer.

IMO, I think it is more important to develop good growing skills--something that can be hard if you keep trying new things without getting one thing down well.

Rose, increase ventilation...are you using air cooled HPS hoods ?

It's hot here too...90's all week, flip your lite cycle to nite time.....my room temp hi was 81 deg...that's 3 different bud rooms.

The T5's running surface temp is pretty hi also, with time the 105 deg fixture will heat up any room...will still need extra ventilation & fresh air make up. The cooler temps of nite help a lot, or heat stress & other problems with set in.

JMHO

The Hemp Goddess said:
Rose, I would not flower with T5s if you have a HPS. I'm pretty sure that we can get your ventilation set up so that you can use your HPS and not get too hot. There is absolutely no doubt that yield will suffer.

IMO, I think it is more important to develop good growing skills--something that can be hard if you keep trying new things without getting one thing down well.

This is so true. :yeahthat:
LH

figured i show you all some buds grown under T5's i wouldn't knock it down like i said i will start a thread from start to finish to final yield under T5'ho lets shoot for 2 pounds :)

user161619_pic1032818_1363135943.jpg

DrFever said:
figured i show you all some buds grown under T5's i wouldn't knock it down like i said i will start a thread from start to finish to final yield under T5'ho lets shoot for 2 pounds :)

Very impressive :icon_smile:

Why bother to bud with 1000w HPS's Doc ?

DrFever said:

Very nice...my research showed the same results...that's why I switched over..to find out...

Lol. He also gets like 3-4lb's per 1k light. Trippin. Research shows you get by with T5's cause you don't have a solid ventilation system. Research shows you will never achieve the yearly haul of HID's crops. But hey, what do I know, my pics are "ok" at best. :)

Rose has lots of info to look over! But she's not bias. She does in WA though. Represent! :)

NC, please don't ag on BDM in my post. We all know you grow dankity dank dank dank..this isn't about who has a bigger.....bud.

Geez people, I didn't say I was going to do it. I have a 400 and a 600 in a very small space and i can't get the temps down in the summer so I was just wondering. I know what hps can do.

I think I will dig up garden space and just grow a huge crop outside if I like this new outside grow. It was all about the heat.... hugs.

Hi Rose!

Flower with that HID, as you will be much happier with the results. Plants will be bigger and produce much more.
The only reason to use T5's imo, is for Veg, or to flower if that is the only light source you have. Heat...maybe..but T5's still put off a lot of heat also.
It's better to deal with the real issue, heat, then to try to combat it by going to a T5 set up.

As far as 2lb's off of a T5 set up...never happen...ever.
As far as 3-4 lb's off a 1000w....never happen...ever.

As far as pictures...my pictures rock!

Yes they do rock Hal, your grows are inspirational.

I have had great results with my 1K lights, i was mostly gathering information and I thank you all for your ideas.

Peace!

Latest posts

Back