Who uses HPS for the hole grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Mr Oysterhead
Reaction score
who uses HPS for vegg and flower , do you run into any problems , plz give me your in put:holysheep:

Hey MrOysterhead, I have used HPS from start to finish in an NFT system.

They will stretch a little more because you can't get the light as close as CFL's. I had no problems whatsoever. Got pretty hot during the summer so had to be careful with temps.

Also watch young seedling under HPS.

Apart from that results were pretty much the same :48:

yeah thats kinda my problem right now , my i thought the metal halide i was using got even hotter, i have a 4ft 2 bulb fluroecent light but i dont thik thats enough light for 4-5 plants during Vegg , in my closet

seedlings 1.jpg

seedlings 2.jpg

seedlings 3.jpg

I believe that the Brothers Grunt use's hps the whole way threw.But if i am wrong I am sorry:hitchair: Brother's.:hubba:

i use a 1000 watts hps for veg and flowering in a 6ft by 6ft closet 8ft seilling wit black and blue plastic on all wall and its perfect 2 fans and my temp is always at 28 degree and 40 percent humidity

28 degrees?:holysheep: Are you sure?:shocked: Pot needs a temp of 75-80 degrees bro.:hitchair: don't take that the wrong way.

Richy-B said:
28 degrees?:holysheep: Are you sure?:shocked: Pot needs a temp of 75-80 degrees bro.:hitchair: don't take that the wrong way.

he means celcius DUDE ! LOL

I use my 250 HPS from seed to weed. And it's not even the enhanced spectrum. Never get stretching as i run 24/0 on veg. No problems yet... this will be my 3rd full grow with the 250 now and I've never had a problem veg or flower.

I run a 250hps on the cuttings/seedlings. and after they are rooted half decent they go to flower under the 1000hps.

I use HPS exclusively for vegging and flowering. I have a 3.5 ft x 5.5 ft area and as soon as the plants are large enough, I use two 430 watt HPS until harvest.

Excellent results.

My bad ya'll.:doh: I was stoned!:stoned: I forget not everyone lives in u.s.a. Sometimes I wish I didn't. Holland would be heaven to me! That's what I hear!! Don't get me wrong, I love the U.S.A. but strict marijuana laws.

To answer your question I use hps for veg and flowering.But, I start out with fluoro's also. But just to start a strong root system and they keep my babies from stretching. I did a little expirement. I put one germinated seedling under my 250 hps about 20in. and I put three under the fluoro's by 5in. All same age. The one under the hps is stretched about half the size of the threee under the fluoro's. So I put it back under the fluoro's. And it hasn't stretched any more but has more luscious green leaves than before and after I topped it it also started growth from where the water leaves were at. That was crazy. I've only seen that on bigger plants. And even then it freaked me out!:shocked:

But You Still Can Use The HPS For The Whole Growth. I Just Don't Reccommend It. I Learned That Here On The Forum!

Richy-B said:
But You Still Can Use The HPS For The Whole Growth. I Just Don't Recommend It. I Learned That Here On The Forum!
Whoever told you that was wrong. Yes, you can use them for your entire grow with no problems what-so-ever.

However, 20 inches is WAY too far up for a 250 watt HPS. That is why yours stretched, not because of the type of light.

A 250 watt HPS should be at 11.25 inches from the top of the plant canopy for best results. You had it almost twice to high.

Please contact whoever told you that if you can remember who it was and tell them the correct information.

Thanks,

Stoney

Everytime I tried 12in it would stress my leaves or so I was thinking. It was turnning the tips of the leaves yellow. And they crumbled off.Is that nute burn? or heat stress? I'm still kind of new to indoor growing. Outdoors is so much easier. But yes everybody seemed like hps for the whole grow was not a good thing to do when I asked about it.

Dude, try to get a dual sprectrum hps... it's got the right spectrum for both periods... i am buying one in ebay for a cool price!!!

when buying an hps light pay that extra 70 bucks more so it can take MH conversion bulbs and now you have a cool blue light for veggie and a HPS light for veggie!

problem solved :p.

Latest posts

Back