Why Are My Leaves Doing This!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigpuff12

Reaction score
Ok guys i need your help! in these pics my leves mostly the largre ones look like they want to wilt! but they dont, they more or less curl from the sides under. even some of the tips have curled under. I have allso noticed on the plant some very light green dicoloration on the leaves. you know the leaves look all splotched in some areas!

P6260795.JPG

P6260796.JPG

P6260798.JPG

P6260797.JPG

bigpuff12 said:
Ok guys i need your help! in these pics my leves mostly the largre ones look like they want to wilt! but they dont, they more or less curl from the sides under. even some of the tips have curled under. I have allso noticed on the plant some very light green dicoloration on the leaves. you know the leaves look all splotched in some areas!

ok here are some pics of the splotched leaves i was talking about in my last post!what do yall thik? How could i stop this?

P6260801.JPG

P6260803.JPG

P6260805.JPG

P6260802.JPG

So many choices, hard to say. What's the temp in the grow room? How far from the light, and what type of light? How often they getting nutes and what type.? Could be heat, a P deficiency, flakey Ph in soil/water. Sorry, more info needed.

vermont_farmer said:
So many choices, hard to say. What's the temp in the grow room? How far from the light, and what type of light? How often they getting nutes and what type.? Could be heat, a P deficiency, flakey Ph in soil/water. Sorry, more info needed.

my grow room temp is a constint 80 degrees. im using 2' Agrosun Full Spectrum florescent grow lights. they set 5 inches from the tops of the plants. they get nutes 3 times a day. im using B.C. nutes, 2 parts boost and 1 part grow. i keep my PH around 5.8.

N washes out quickly w any flush... say a 1/3 strength flush.

I agree with UKgirl. My leaves have curled under like that when I over nute them & they shut down transpiration, I severely screw up the pH & they shut down transpiration, or I overly heat them/dry out the medium causing chem balance issue & they shut down transpiration.

If heat is bad, that makes matters worse. Otherwise pH balanced light flush is my advice... how can this really hurt in hydro, ya know? Best brah.

Oregon Bob said:
N washes out quickly w any flush... say a 1/3 strength flush.

I agree with UKgirl. My leaves have curled under like that when I over nute them & they shut down transpiration, I severely screw up the pH & they shut down transpiration, or I overly heat them/dry out the medium causing chem balance issue & they shut down transpiration.

If heat is bad, that makes matters worse. Otherwise pH balanced light flush is my advice... how can this really hurt in hydro, ya know? Best brah.

ok sweet, so after i flush it out will the leaves come back up or is that a permanent damage.? oh how long would i flush?

Flushing will help. In a vegetative state you can overcome it with time.

bigpuff12 said:
ok here are some pics of the splotched leaves i was talking about in my last post!what do yall thik? How could i stop this?

I have seen this my self, whats your humidity looks like your leaves cant transpire.
I am not saying its not N defiency, but you say you have feed at the rite levels, what EC?/PPM? along with PH, so feed sounds ok, so must be environment RH/TEMP/FRESH (NOT TO COLD) AIR. Hope this helps.

didn't read the specifics, but yeah, clean & calibrate often is great advice.

just feel that in hydro, flushing (balanced &pH'd) just can't do any harm... which is one of the best advantages vs soil

i wouldn't stress on the existing leaves. they are older fan leaves & eventually reach maximum production & slow down... not a big deal at all. doubtful they will get back to "normal" as mine usually don't, though the new growth/expansion will be better (on the damaged leaves that is). iow, they will get better but never back to before. focus on the new growth.

it really doesn't seem that bad, if you correct whatever the primary issue was. mj is robust & hydro is responsive. best brah.

You data is near perfect for a hydro grow....IMHO. I was thinking that the slight chlorosis in the leaves, the faded green blotches, might be due to some micronutrient deficiency, like manganese. But after checking the technaflora website, you are covered for micronutrients. You might try lowering the room temp to about 70, drop the feed cycle to twice daily, see what happens.

Frankly, they don't look bad at all. I wouldn't worry unless the leaf curl gets real tight, or you see yellowing or browning at leaf margins.

bigpuff12 said:
my grow room temp is a constint 80 degrees. im using 2' Agrosun Full Spectrum florescent grow lights. they set 5 inches from the tops of the plants. they get nutes 3 times a day. im using B.C. nutes, 2 parts boost and 1 part grow. i keep my PH around 5.8.

Latest posts

Back