why are they doin this ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allmashedup

:confused: hi everyone. please take a look at these. all 4 seeds opened in just 24 hrs. they are now all 3 days old .then i put them into little peat pots like i did last time.
and they have all shot up real fast. way faster than last grow.
they look like they are stretching toward the lights.
i have 2 40watt fluoes over them about 1 inch away.
under a humidity dome.
i dont know what to do next.??
are they too small to go under the 400watt hps ?
HELP !! please.

yeah they are stretching cos of lack of light, not too worry tho just plant them deep when you transplant em, and try get your light as close as possible (you said its already an inch tho)or more light... ive grown straight from seed on a 400w hps but you probably get more stretch because it will be further away from the plants due to heat..... my advise would be just let em grow then plant them with the stems well in the dirt next pot..
safe TK

get rid of the humidity dome, and get a fan moving air around them. the dome is both reducing the amount of light reaching them(inducing stretch) and is protecting them from air circulation, which provides for strengthening the stems.

ok. ive took dome off. and got a fan on em.
are they too little to go under a 400wt
or should i leave it for a while ?
thanks for the help.:confused:

just let em grow then plant them with the stems well in the dirt next pot..
safe TK
:yeahthat: :goodposting:

allmashedup said:
thanks for the help.:confused:

i always use my 400w from start 2 finish.....never had problems....well lighting problems that is lol, and when i start em out my light is about 18'' away and i slowly work my way closer day by day...never rly experienced stretching with this setup :fly:

those flouros dont look to have much blue ended spectrum.. are they made for growing or just some lights that were handy nearby?

I'd put them under the 400w. 40w vs 400w just doesn't compare. Your plants would love the extra 360w:).

thanks for all your advice.
the lights are just regular fluoesents 40watt i have 2 lights above them.
im gonna be putting them under the 400wt tonight.
what i need to know now is.
shall i put them into bigger pots aswell.
or leave em in the peat pots a bit longer.
and should i put the lights on 18/6 or leave them at 24hrs .
????

shall i put them into bigger pots aswell.
I would.
should i put the lights on 18/6 or leave them at 24hrs .
????
This is up to you. I like 24 hours but some like 18/6. I've even seen people say they like 16/8. Ime, you get tighter internodal growth and stockier plants on 24/7.

yeah that hood off!!.... add some cfl buls with adjustment lamp just to add it.. or dam... that blub look like not really bright, man.. .just get that cfls maybe 2 of them... just find a lamp lamo... and use a bright day light cfl in the lamp hood.. (office desk lamp is ideal kind! something like that) use that light!!

man.. we are serious about that long stem right here... get that bigger pot, transplant that to bigger pot.. and be sure you made a deep room for the dirts to cover these long stem dont pack the dirts too hard be real easy...

sometime when seeds has bad genetic, or got bad water... be sure you have some water jug sitting for 24/48 hours before use it to water the babies. babies need 24 hours of lights, be sure cfls is really close to the plants.. elevator the pot by use book, brick, blocks, to get close to the light/lamp keep eye on it every day, you will see results, when u got good results, adjust the elvator be sure lights is go straight to the top of plant.. keep em like half inch it will work...

lights are the kind that fit underneath kitchen cuboards.
i thought they would be ok.
im gonna be putting them under 400 watt tomorow afternoon,
on 18/6. when i had them in the humidity dome. they were raised up on a few books. so they were about 2 inchs away from the light.
ive got a fan blowing around them now so the long stems dont flop.
i was trying to copy what i did on my 1st grow.
they were ok last time. no stretching at all.
they are from the same pk of seeds too.
ive just harvested my 1st 2 plants .
here is a pic of the 1st lady. hope you like her. i do !

Latest posts

Back