Why is miracle gro a no no

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look great. However, I have to wonder if they would be even better with the more specific nutes. Not saying they would but with all the hype about Fox Farms and the others, they should be considerably better.

You should start feeding 1 or 2 of them a high end nute and see if there's a difference.

i guarantee you their will be a big difference in growth.... MG compaired to FF, GH, Dyna gro, advance nutrients etc they are better forumulated to suit mj and its needs

Before the internet and before hydro stores started popping up(if you consider 60 miles one way popping up). All you had to use were what the box stores carried. Not to many choices to choose from, ya know. MG and Peters for chems. I used MG for years outside and had some amazing grows when I used it. Like Dman mentioned worked great in veg.

Hey Dman I hope you don't think I was dissing on you. I was totally kidding. You are an accomplished grower with nothing to prove to anyone. I am not trying to blow your skirt up but I am sure that if anyone can make it work, you can. :)

I would be willing to bet that there is little difference in the veg growth results between using MG and using MJ formulated nutes. The difference (I believe) comes in later when the unused parts get bound up with needed parts and toxicity begins to develop. For experienced growers who have dealt with synthetic chems, adjusting and accounting ffor these issues is easier to work out to prevent the problems that can arise ffrom the heavier chems. The ones who have the most difficulties are those who don't know to account for the strength and buildup tendencies of the stronger "all purpose nutes". :)

Hey Dman I hope you don't think I was dissing on you. I was totally kidding. You are an accomplished grower with nothing to prove to anyone. I am not trying to blow your skirt up but I am sure that if anyone can make it work, you can. :)

I would be willing to bet that there is little difference in the veg growth results between using MG and using MJ formulated nutes. The difference (I believe) comes in later when the unused parts get bound up with needed parts and toxicity begins to develop. For experienced growers who have dealt with synthetic chems, adjusting and accounting ffor these issues is easier to work out to prevent the problems that can arise ffrom the heavier chems. The ones who have the most difficulties are those who don't know to account for the strength and buildup tendencies of the stronger "all purpose nutes". :)

Never thought that for a minute Hush. just wanted to share that it can be good in Veg, I wouldnt use it in flower, and i wouldnt tell someone else to use it, thats all.

You be amazed what little NPK used will still grow a plant its knowing , reading your plant
Kind bud ??? there has been many horror stories over FFOF from thrips , gnats , spidermites also ph issues to say your guarantee that the more expensive nutrient lines is going to do better don;t fall for that gimmic find a nutrient line that is readily available when you run out there are lots of grows documented, using MG from all products
i did 35 plant grow on other site to prove that MG works,,,, dammed if i can find the pictures and it turned out well we all use our lines of nutrients and additives if you seen my veg schedule with amino acids silica,, my A and B , fulvixes super thrive also aspirin, like many other growers use there different types and in flower again Different stuff

View attachment Picture 852.jpg

I think it's time for an experiment. I am getting ready to harvest my "Trough experiment" (which appears to be a screaming success, by the way) and I am getting ready to take clones from the Critical Kush mothers and start a new crop.

I will be growing in 16, 2 gallon buckets, as usual. Using Fox Farms soil and the entire regime of FF nutes including Grow big veg and Big Bloom flower with Tiger Bloom and some Cha-ching.

For this experiment, I will designate 4 clones to Miricle Grow. I'll start the clones in MG seed starter. Grow the plants in MG potting soil and feed them nothing but MG green and blue. I will distibute them evenly thrughout the grow rom and we'll see just how much difference it makes.

Sound fair?

i dont doubt that u can use it but the dyna gro i use is just as easy never had ph problems or any problems using it its not that expensive 20 a quart and that will last me a while.......and are we talking about soil or nutes because i have no problem with the mg soil with no nutes it works fine...... just when it come to nutrients id never use mg nutes just my opinion

I think it's time for an experiment. I am getting ready to harvest my "Trough experiment" (which appears to be a screaming success, by the way) and I am getting ready to take clones from the Critical Kush mothers and start a new crop.

I will be growing in 16, 2 gallon buckets, as usual. Using Fox Farms soil and the entire regime of FF nutes including Grow big veg and Big Bloom flower with Tiger Bloom and some Cha-ching.

For this experiment, I will designate 4 clones to Miricle Grow. I'll start the clones in MG seed starter. Grow the plants in MG potting soil and feed them nothing but MG green and blue. I will distibute them evenly thrughout the grow rom and we'll see just how much difference it makes.

Sound fair?

If your talking to me then just use the All purpose Nutes (blue powder) I dont think anyone is disputing that their soil with nutes sucks and their soil without nutes is fine. I have never used and would never use their soil with nutes, its horrible stuff.

Just to be clear i always used Sunshine mix soil with MG nutes in veg and switch to GH nutes in flower.

Monsanto owns scotts. Nuff said.

I have such an easy way of growing organic for the old lady that has a bad knee, no reason to ever buy that crap.

If your talking to me....

When you talk as much as I do, you talk to anyone who will listen. LOL

No, not talking specifically to anyone. Just wondering what the results of an experiment like that would be. You hear a lot of really bad things about MG and a lot of very good things about products like Fox Farms. I would expect to see a DRAMATIC difference based on all the hype, the trouble and the cost. I would be quite shocked and very disappointed to see very little difference in the two.

Hackerman when i did my experiment i used MG with nutes in it as well as there organic line more or less added 3 different types of mg product mixed into one batch it grew no different i was amazed every one tends to think that the slow releasing nutes
and how some growers tend to water till run off which in my mind is not a good idea ,, Any ways i more or less bottom fed solved many issues would add 1 - 2 cups on top and couple cups on bottom which plant and soil would suck up worked well in veg as in middle of veg i started adding 700 PPM of nutes and up till harvest

View attachment picture1014e.jpg

without performing large scale double blind tests you'll only ever prove what you want too. It takes far much more data collection to say this is better than that etc

:yeahthat:
without performing large scale double blind tests you'll only ever prove what you want too. It takes far much more data collection to say this is better than that etc

"Back in the day" MG was all there was for the most part.

I've grown many outdoor and a few indoor grows using MG and soil.

If you don't burn them MG will work just fine, but very easy to over do it.

I would enjoy the taste test, but that would be subjective too. We need double blind studies you are right bob.

:rofl:

I like the powder and if used right works well. and way cheaper than those " MJ spacifics"

what works for one may not work for others. And if you never tried it..Dont comment on it. makes you look Dumb

Latest posts

Back