..will a tanning bed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tn_toker420

PurpMountainMan
Reaction score
OK, i'm a newb to the indoors...But i was wondering if a tanning bed would cover all or any of the assumptions that come with indoor growing associated with lights...Such as electric bill changes, possible thermal imaging, etc...I've not really thought about an indoor, i just was pondering the idea if i was to ever be able to afford equipment...Anything's appreciated, and like i said i'm a newb here at the indoors growing...

Tanning beds won't really work. They use a different kind of bulb, which burns out much quicker than the kind you want. They are also mad expensive!

You're better off just buying the standard grow lights. Maybe read a bit about vegetables, so you feel comfortable if you ever have to talk about your (fake) legal and legitimate indoor grow. Growing indoors is not limited to marijuana, many people have indoor gardens.

Remember, gardening is the most popular hobby in the world.

:)

Don't worry about your power consumption. Pay your bill on time and the electric company won't care what you do. I find it ridiculous that people stress out about there power getting them busted. There are so many legitimate reasons to be using that amount of power. Don't steal power and you will be fine especially if you have less than say 4000 watts.

King Bud said:
Tanning beds won't really work. They use a different kind of bulb, which burns out much quicker than the kind you want. They are also mad expensive!

You're better off just buying the standard grow lights. Maybe read a bit about vegetables, so you feel comfortable if you ever have to talk about your (fake) legal and legitimate indoor grow. Growing indoors is not limited to marijuana, many people have indoor gardens.

Remember, gardening is the most popular hobby in the world.

:)

hey KB, i think ya might misunderstood...I' have a tanning bed, and i'm wondering if it would mask the lights under thermal imaging and my rise in electric be attributed to the tanning bed...But i know i won't be above 1500...so i'm ok w/ the electric company, but the choppers and all that is what wonders me...But yeah, tanning beds are madly expensive...They've went down a lot since i got this one though :doh: ...But it's not really mine, i've truthfully never laid in one...but it would be nice chillin out in it watchin some pretty ladies grow:)

:hitchair: Woops! :rolleyes: I misunderstood

I don't know how many watts a tanning bed uses, but that might help cover your usage. Remember though, that no one uses their tanning bed 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week ;)
A few TVs, computers, and some nice speakers, I think, would more than cover 1500watts.

I'm not sure worrying about choppers is really an issue, but I don't live where you live.

I'm glad you're really thinking things through. Hope ya can afford that equip :)

If you live in the US you dont have to worry about choppers on a grow that size, choppers are only allowed in wooded areas as use in a housing community is considered breach of privacy to an individual.. and to answer your question, NO, the tanning bed qwill not shield IR scopes from detecting that heat source.. :aok:

I agree with tater...I only grow in winter..My electric bill last month was $46 USA..Last December it was $289..i pay my bill every month not late..MayB My kids like it 85 degrees in winter and I like to run my Hot tub in winter..there are lots of reasons why your bill can increase fast..Power companies dont care what you use the power for..they just want their money..pay it and Grow on

I had a concern about power before I started too. Then I figured out I've got 3-4 computers running at any given time. They each have about a 400 watt power supply, so my little 400w closet grow isn't going to draw too much attention. If your only growing enough for personal use, 400-600w lights should let you get the job done decently. My bill has gone up about $10 a month during the entire grow.

If thermal imaging is a scare for you like it is for me....I would say to just spend the dough on a water cooled reflector,It gives off less heat than a human body......plus plants grow real close to the lights....

Latest posts

Back