will aquariums lights work? help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big brother

Reaction score
I have decided to just grow my own plants so the question is will lights that where in my reef salt water aquarium be sufficient enough to grow my plants indoor not sure how many watts they are but they cost a hell of alot of money about a grand for all four , they sit ontop of a 250 glln reef aquariums, there from coralife total of 16 bulbs with built-in fans eight white and 8 actnic blueish in color they sure look great on my tanks
has anyone ever used these types of llight set up,i know they deliver those blue and red rays that i have heard so much about but not sure if they need to be a light that state for growing plants, so will lights that where intended for an aquariums work on my plants don't want to spend any more money since these already cost me a hand and a leg , LOL! please advice, also have some coralife lights that say they 10,000k super daylight and another that say 6,000k actnic blue as well also for fishtanks about 12 of those so all together there are #14 lights to my disposal any info will be appreciated in advance thanks again

I cannot sayfor sure, but i do beleive they will work. Most of the bulbs I have looked at for my aquarium say aquarium/plant bulbs. But like i said, i am not posotive.

I used the same light when I first started growing and it worked. I did replace 1/2 of the 6,000k actnic blue with the 6000 4-pin super white. Keep the light around 6 inchs from top of plant. GOOD LUCK

when you said 1/2 you ment ,6X 6,oook actnic blue, and 6super white for total of 12. or did you use (8) eight bulds 4 white and 4 blue? thanks again bro!!!

Latest posts

Back