Will it work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7thG

Victimless Criminal
Reaction score
A little water fox farm mix......in a jar.

Photo0160.jpg

That won't work,I think you should go to the propagation section and do some reading! You can't get a clone from just a single leaf you need to take a small branch!

Phatpharmer

Actually I've already done some reading on cloning. It broke off of my plant the other day so I decided to try a little experiment.

nothing wrong with that...How di it fall off? looks green..and you can place a clipping right into a glass of plain water..it will root..just change water every other day for 15-30 days

The make-shift dresser/grow cabinet I have is kinda hard to get plants in and out of. It happened when I pulled them out to water them. I def know more about cloning then it may seem from this little test but I just wanted to try something with what I had.

I am confused about one thing. Do I have a 0% chance of success because it a fan leaf and not a branch. Its still green after about 4 days?

I don't need to say that it won't work cause everyone else has made that clear. I just wanted to give you these links. They are part of a longer vid about building a grow room and setting up an op from start to finish. These two links are for the section where he talks about cloning. I found it to be very useful. Enjoy.

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Dqm4-2mqU&feature=channel_page
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slG9IjA1ntk&feature=channel_page

7thG said:
Actually I've already done some reading on cloning. It broke off of my plant the other day so I decided to try a little experiment.
Here's why !

hahahaha say whats on your mind smart a$$
I read just about everything and watched most videos including the two Clandestino suggested. So, I'd say I understand the basics of cloning.
If I were to say "I've done my research and heres my attempt at cloning" then yeah I'd be a jackass now wouldnt I. But that not whats going on here. Like I said it accidentally broke off my plant and I wanted to try an experiment. So is that dumb or just a quest for more knowledge. The one thing I will admit I didnt put much thought into is the fact it was not a branch....just a little leaf section. Ands that what led me to my original question................
Do I have a 0%(none) chance of success beacuase its not a branch....if so what will become of my little leaves.

I would venture that without some portion of a stalk for roots to start from, your chances are pretty nil of getting that fan leaf to root. It will survive for a week or so, then yellow and die. Now that I said that, watch it grow!

A little Creme de Menthe and a shot of Tanqueray in that jar would make things a lot more functional and interesting.

Muchos Gracious 420Benny thats exactly the straightforward answer I respect. It was such a beautiful leaf I didnt want to just trash it. I'll update if it survives but I doubt it.

Ok I would put this in my journal but no one looks at it so since I guess I have a couple peoples attention. I put my plant into 1212 about a week ago and been doin the switching on and off manually....and ive been screwing up. Add a power outtage to that yesterday and I'll consider myself lucky to get some hermies lol. Anyway I noticed something just now cuz I was about to cut off a clone(all this talk made me want to do a legitimate attempt) I need to know if this is a sign off sex........PLEASE CHECK BACK IM GONNA GO TAKE A PIC RIGHT NOW.

OK so the 8 megapixel camera on my samsung memoir is not able to do extreme closeups like I had hoped but I was able to get one good pic.

Neither. It hasn't declared yet. The branches aren't alternating yet, either. Could be a bit before it shows. Those little thin shoots at the leaf nodes are on both male and female plants. Looks like a half sativa/half indica plant. Patience.

Latest posts

Back