Will my plants ever bud? how can i fix this? help plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canibus447

Reaction score
Ok heres my problem

i got some plants that are getting pretty big, some of them are 4 feet bushy some a lil more some a lil less.

growing
barneys-farm-barneys-honey-b

greenhouse-seeds-arjan-strawberry-haze

and a few others

now for example it says the strawberry haze (Ready around end of October in the Northern hemisphere; around end of May in the Southern. Yield up to 800 gr/plant.)

i planted them in june some late june ( when they weir rdy to go outside )

the problem is their all bushy but they have no buds, and very lil premature hairs, some dont have any signs of buds..

How can i force my plant to bud, or if u cant do that, whats my best chances of yielding something decent.

i dont wanna have these nice babys go to waste...

thanks allot u all have helped me threw this so many times!!!

You may have planted them a little to late as the year get's later the nights get darker earlier so they may not of had enuff sun ???

Thx hippie, makes me feel better

but is it possible that in england its starts later then canada so maybe mine arnt gonna bud at the same time as urs are?

cuz i though in canada they normaly started buddin sometime in august. but again im not sure, im new to this.

thx again ppl for ur help!

They'll be fine, and stat flowering with the shorter photo periods. I would think your concern would be frost'. In the event flowering is a little late for your regon, keep old bed sheets ready to cover your plants in the event of a frost. I get mine at resale shops for almost nothing...B

mine are just still in erly flower yet too i think it'll come soon tho...

so brussels

if it starts gettin late and im scared of a frost, i should take a bed sheet and just cover it, so it keeps it warm under the blanket?

never heard of that, sounds like a great idea

so i guess in the mean while just keep doing what im doing, and wait for the buds huh

thx for the help ppl!

I say relax also. Only one of my out door plants have begun to bud the reast just have hairs.
I usually don't pull my out door until oct/nov

yeah, seems like a late year this year.. or maybe it's just me? i duidn't grow last year, but the last grow i did, i swear i had buds forming by now. (my buddy says the same)

just gotta sit back and wait (and hope) i'm getting nervous aswell, but have already planned to dust off my old lamp if i need to bring em in for the last little bit.

I also am wondering about flowering timetable in the Northwest....my plants keep adding heigth and the little branches are getting somewhat bigger......but NO SIGN of flowers.....am still feeding 8-3-1 bat guano tea to the eight plants but also bought some 0-7-0 for flowering.....am wondering when I should begin new TEA program.......do I have to see hairs or nuts?.....the painterdude is sooooooooooo confused

mine got in a lil late this year but they really start to fill in around this time around these parts.

I dont think the blanket would work considering the plants dont put off thier own convectional heat, but you can try it , be easy with your babies :), gut luck

Canibus447 said:
so brussels

if it starts gettin late and im scared of a frost, i should take a bed sheet and just cover it, so it keeps it warm under the blanket?

never heard of that, sounds like a great idea

so i guess in the mean while just keep doing what im doing, and wait for the buds huh

thx for the help ppl!
Canibus...when the weather starts to go from cool at night to cool, simply pay attention to your local weather reports. If there will be a frost during the night/early morning, cover your plants with the sheets until the temps warm duing the day. Generally, it's only necessary to keep them covered over night. It's always helpful to also pile mulch, grass clippings of leaves at the base of the stalk trunk, at ground level. By this time of year, there shouldn't be much time until they 'finish'.

The plants themselves dont gnerate any heat, though the sheet will trap residual heat in the ground. If it becomes really cold, and there will be a 'hard' freeze, you can also string a drop light under your sheet tent...
B

When plants bud is very strain specific, I have some that have been in bud for three weeks and some that are just beginning to show a bit. Have patience and a little frost will not hurt MJ, at least not in my experience.

Latest posts

Back