Will this be enough light and grow area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryjanenewbie

Reaction score
So, I switched light to 400W HPS, went on 12/12 and was concerned because my room is 3'-6" X 4'-9". I have 7 indicas that are now from 15" to 19" tall and it looks like they are all fem,and have filled the grow area. I just added 2 CFL,s that are 105W/6200lumes/2700K. Do you guys think this will be enough light/room?

Hey there maryjanenewbie,

The size of 3'6" X 4'9" for a 400 Watt Hps sounds perfect. Be very cautious about the distance that you keep the light above your ladies. Also watch your temps close, 74*-78* is right in where you want to be. The temps for your dark cycle can drop down to 68*-72* will keep them happy,

I am a tad concerned with the number of ladies squeezed in there. Seems like to many for the given area to me.
I have one white widow, and four Blue/Mystic in mine, and mine measures 3'6" deep X 4'6" wide X 6'6" tall. My babies are 2'6" tall give or take, and they fill all my space. I do suspect that I will find one or two males in there, though I hope not.

I just flipped mine today, and expect to see what I have in approx. seven to 10 days. I am also running a 400 Watt Hps, so this might turn out to be a lot of fun comparing what we have done. My W/W is a clone from a female that I had, that suffered very bad nute burn as the strain is very sensitive to it. I did take several cutting from her, but lost all except the one which is doing real well so far.

I look forward to hearing more from you, Thanks for sharing with us.
Looks like we both picked up some good MOJO huh ?

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

I would get more light in there or make my space a little smaller. You have a space that is 16.625 sq ft. You should be running 5000 lumens per sq ft or 83,000 lumens. You probably have around 62,000 with the CFLs (which have very little penetrating power), which gives you about 3700 lumens per sq ft.

I agree with KK that you probably have too many plants in that space, especially if you have just switched to 12/12 and they have filled the grow area. They will probably double in size before they are done. You indicate that you believe that they are all female....did you get 7 for 7 females from seed?

I bought feminized seed. had 10 two didnt pop, one is a poly, 7 have normal growth, 5 have showed sex, so far all fems.

Latest posts

Back