wilting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draston

Reaction score
So I woke up this morning to check on the ladies and I noticed that some wilting had occured on one of my plants and on my tallest plant I noticed the new stems growing out of the first set of leaves (those single ones that first open up when the plant sprouts) one side was wilting and the other side was fine. I decided that since so many people told me my miracle grow moister control soil was bad to use on these forums I went to a farm supply shop and bought 2 one time use ph testers.

Well it turns out my soil is slightly acidic somewhere in the 6.0's (it wasn't a very acturate test) so I went and purchased some lime to mix into the soil to bring the ph back up (obviously what is causing the wilting). Mixed some in all the pots best I could and then took a water mister spray bottle and misted some water on the soil and some lime on the top soil so that it might help so I can see if there is a difference when I get back from work.

I've been watering them up to this point with just normal tap water so I've started using brita filtered water just in case it was my water that was causing it to go acidic.

Once I mix the lime in and put them back under their lights how long should it take for the lime to raise the ph level of the soil?

I think I'm going to use standard soil next time to grow my plants so I don't have all these problems like nute burn and ph problems. I guess you only truely learn through trial and error.

On a side note I'm happy to report that my babies that are outdoors are doing great :). Even though they are small as crap because of the less sunlight and no miracle grow plant food and whatnot but they are doing fine :).

i used MG on my first plant & it was great same type as yours too , as for pH you can actually buy a pH down or a pH up (ive never tested these) but i saw them in the shop today , was going to look up on them before mentioning it but im sure you could too?

seems the easyest way to do it from the one bottle than buying lots of stuff to TRY & make it work , if i find the one i saw i'll post the link for ya , GL :)

Latest posts

Back