Winter Blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klicks

Reaction score
I just love watching the deer, snow falling, covering my car with two feet of snow that I alone have to scrap off so I can slip across Ol' Man Winters' slopes.

I've been away for awhile due to the Winters' blizzards across Michigan. I so looked forward to Christmas in 2008, cept on December 17, I had a little fall. Ya see, I was trying to do the right thing and feed those poor starving little birdies who put on a show every morning for me despite the weather.

As I bundled up and waded through the snow to the bird feeder I felt lucky that I really didn't have to go out to shop or anything that day. Stepping up onto the back porch with my little plastic bucket full of seed, I slid across the ice (hidden by the last 8 inches of snow). The seeds went flying across the landscape and I flipped up into the air and landed on my kitties outside bungalow and landed promptly on the top of it face-first.

The force not only broke the whole left side of my face, but knocked me out. My trusty pooches were there and woke me up with their high-pitched screams and nose bumps. After crawling back through my front door I realized I was dripping blood.

You ever hear "That poor slob got hit so hard he didn't even feel it"?, That was me. It was the aftermath that I felt. Only thing I could do was go to the hospital and watch my insurance melt into the wind.

Here it is today, February 17, and I still got a knot on my cheekbone with no feeling on the left side of my face.

Watch out there people. The cold will git ya.

However...........A very special friend came to the rescue with the finest smoke in the area. It was so much better than the perc's I was on.

Hope nobody else has gone through with what I have this winter.

That's one reason I live south of the border. Just cannot tolerate that kind of climate any more. Really sorry to hear of your troubles.
The knot will go away, it is just excess calcium the bone made to heal itself. The nerves will eventually recover, just give it time. Yeah like that's an easy thing to say, I know ... best wishes.

you have birds to feed? ;) . all mine went into hiding from the bitter cold winter. it's been a rough one for sure.

hope your feeling better man. you able to start your grow back up yet?

i need to be taking my camera with me when i leave the house. i always forget it. last night when i pulled in my buddies driveway, there was the biggest herd of deer i ever seen. i'd guess 500 in all.:cool: ...bb...

Lost 7, but one stills hangin on. Noone would take care of them for me. See if they join in the rewards. Going to start more soon though, like soooo soon!

good to see your feeling better chief. looking forward to your grow. peace...bb...

Latest posts

Back