Worms !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkbkr103

Reaction score
I just dug up a seed that hadn't sprouted with the rest of my crop, and even though it had a small root, it wasn't growing. I looked more closely to find that small white-ish worms were eating through the root. Has anyone else had this problem?

Never had this problem myself but it doesn't sound very good. What kind of soil did you use? You can bake soil in the oven to sterilize it. That will kill harmful pests and parasites in the soil. I hope the rest of your crop isn't affected by this problem. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

hxxp://www.jasons-indoor-guide-to-organic-and-hydroponics-gardening.com/indoor-garden-pests.html#fungusgnats
just a 'guesse'.. ;)

I've been using an organic soil called Black Gold. I heard that it really smells if you bake your soil. Any truth to that? Sad to say that the rest of my crop was affected. Had to pull them all. Well, Hick, that looks like the problem. Sad, sad, sad. So would baking the soil take care of these?

Yes, growing outdoors. They kill your babies in a hurry.

I was growing indoors in a controlled environment. Well, as controlled as I can make it.

Latest posts

Back