Yellow down leaf center

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rta60460

Reaction score
I’m in week 7 of flower. Running recirculating deep water culuture and my leaves are starting to turn yellow down the center. Anyone know what my issue could be... this is my grow

Attachments

• 828B8A2A-E99E-41A1-8423-C121CA6227B5.jpeg
    828B8A2A-E99E-41A1-8423-C121CA6227B5.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DF4F2561-2CCC-4A58-98A3-E3E6CFE65F50.jpeg
    DF4F2561-2CCC-4A58-98A3-E3E6CFE65F50.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 14
That almost looks like iron deficiency. Can be caused by ph lock out, too much nitrogen, and not enough oxygen.

Yea I was thinking that, my water temps have gotten a little high since it’s getting warmer, so oxygen is prolly low....I ordered a water chiller for my next run.

To add to lesso's lesson, you could compensate in the meantime by switching temporarily to a bloom fert since they have less nitrogen, and use a foliar sprayed micronutrient to ease the symptoms of lockout .

Usually when I see downturned, umbrella shaped leaves, I think nitrogen toxicity, rootbound, and/or root rot.

You have warm deoxygenated water in a dwc so don't rule out root rot. A dwc grower around here (I don't roll that way lol) can help you with a safe peroxide dosage to knock back the undesirable microorganisms and as a bonus it adds a small oxygen boost at the same time.

To prevent it recurring, something like Cannazyme that breaks down sloughed off root cells before they rot is a good prevention. I have used it in ebb n flow containerized hydro a lot, where the roots in the pot are also susceptible to rot if they are too crowded with too little oxygen.

Your chiller plan is on point. Increased system control is always a good call. Nice catch.

I already use Hygrozyme for my roots...starting Monday I flush (Monday is 8 weeks into flower cycle)
To add to lesso's lesson, you could compensate in the meantime by switching temporarily to a bloom fert since they have less nitrogen, and use a foliar sprayed micronutrient to ease the symptoms of lockout .

Usually when I see downturned, umbrella shaped leaves, I think nitrogen toxicity, rootbound, and/or root rot.

You have warm deoxygenated water in a dwc so don't rule out root rot. A dwc grower around here (I don't roll that way lol) can help you with a safe peroxide dosage to knock back the undesirable microorganisms and as a bonus it adds a small oxygen boost at the same time.

To prevent it recurring, something like Cannazyme that breaks down sloughed off root cells before they rot is a good prevention. I have used it in ebb n flow containerized hydro a lot, where the roots in the pot are also susceptible to rot if they are too crowded with too little oxygen.

Your chiller plan is on point. Increased system control is always a good call. Nice catch.

Latest posts

Back