Yellow is NOT good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mactight

MOUNTIAN DEW
Reaction score
I have some Diesel that is in the third week of flowering,I use ocean forest ,with tiger bloom and big bloom.I use at every watering.2tsp of tiger per gallon and 1 tbls of big bloom per gallon.I have them under a 400 HPS.Temp is a steady 80 with the lights on and the upper 60's when the lights are off.So my question is,my plants fan leaves are starting to lightly turning yellow,outterside in.Only on the upper leaves on the plant.Am I giving it to much nutes?Does any one elese use what I uae?and have much do you use and in every watering?Thanks everyone.

Are you monitoring the ph of your soil and feeding water? You have to use ph up with the FF line. It sounds like a deficiency but it could be brought on by a ph problem.

Well here are acouple pics for you all to take a look at,Also I do watch my PH levels and they are around 6.8.I just do a PH test in the soil after I water.

yellow.jpg

yellow2.jpg

that happened to one of my plants i had a lil pinch in the stalk or a bend and it cause just the edges of leaves just like that to yellow! take a look at the stalk and make sure its healthy! good luck mac ph causes alot of isues too! go with bombs advice!

I do watch my PH levels and they are around 6.8
Lower your ph to 6 until she looks better then go with 6.4. 6.8 is too high and you probably have some sort of nute lockout. Don't flush her just water her as normal with a ph of 6, flushing while your babies are stressed isn't good imo and can lead to root rot. Shouldn't be long before she looks better then resume with a ph of 6.4. Good luck:D.

Lower your PH as Bomb. has told ya, I would backoff on the nutes as well, every watering is too much, Do you know the PPM of the nute solution your using?

Growdude said:
Lower your PH as Bomb. has told ya, I would backoff on the nutes as well, every watering is too much, Do you know the PPM of the nute solution your using?
To lower it,can I use just Ph dow or up the same as I use for my fish aquarium?Also what is PPM?So you think every watering is to much,useing fox farm prods?So that might be the problem?To much nutes?So start to give nutes every other watering?

Use lemon juice for ph down. Water it with plain ph balanced water until your problem resides then resume normal feeding.

bombbudpuffa said:
Use lemon juice for ph down. Water it with plain ph balanced water until your problem resides then resume normal feeding.
Thank you.One last question.How much lemon to a gallon of water?cause I'd hate to give my plants lemon aide...lol

mactight said:
Thank you.One last question.How much lemon to a gallon of water?cause I'd hate to give my plants lemon aide...lol

You need a PH meter or at least the PH test drops, nobody can answer how much to add.

Also PPM meter is handy to measure how strong your nute solution is, without knowing nobody can say how much is too much.

Ohh yea PPM stands for parts per million and measures the amount of disolved solids.

Growdude said:
You need a PH meter or at least the PH test drops, nobody can answer how much to add.

Also PPM meter is handy to measure how strong your nute solution is, without knowing nobody can say how much is too much.

Ohh yea PPM stands for parts per million and measures the amount of disolved solids.
My PH is sitting at 6.8 when I test it.

I usually start with 1 mil of lemon juice then work my way to the right ph. 6.8 is too high.

What kind of ph tester you using? I have had no luck testing ph, my cheap soilmaster tester from lowes never moves from 8. Can anyone recommend an accurate and affordable tester?

timdog4 said:
What kind of ph tester you using? I have had no luck testing ph, my cheap soilmaster tester from lowes never moves from 8. Can anyone recommend an accurate and affordable tester?
I just have a cheap tester you stuck it into the soil and the needle bounces around then slowly comes to where I THINK its at.So any suggestions on a better one or if the one I am useing is fine?

hey man it more than likely a ph or lack of nutes..u can get a cheap ph tester kit online or if ur not livin in america u could get it in any headshop..hemp store
;)

You should be only using nutes EVERY OTHER WATERING..

thats what it say on the feeding schedule.

and your plants will lose some of its fan leaves.
it natural. like trees in autumn.

I use Vinegar for PH down.

your plants will lose some of its fan leaves.
it natural. like trees in autumn.
This is true but not starting at the top and going down. He has some sort of lockout.

mactight said:
Well here are acouple pics for you all to take a look at,Also I do watch my PH levels and they are around 6.8.I just do a PH test in the soil after I water.

Got this pic from OG's nute deficeincies: They say it's Phosphorous deficiency:>)

Which agrees with my veiw that your're under feeding them a little;>)

If you check my gallery all of them are grown with FF!>)

nietz140.jpg

Latest posts

Back