Yellow is NOT good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do watch my PH levels and they are around 6.8
If his ph has been 6.8 and he has problems I can almost guarantee it's ph related not under feeding. If he continues to add nute while there is a nute lockout if or when the ph problem is fixed he'll have nute burn from over feeding. Get the ph lower and see if that helps BEFORE adding any other nutes as GD said. If this doesn't help, which i'm positive it will, you should then think about nutes:D. Good luck.

bombbudpuffa said:
Use lemon juice for ph down. Water it with plain ph balanced water until your problem resides then resume normal feeding.
I havent had alot of time to get on here,but I had to water them today.I did add some lemon juice.I didnt know how much to add,so I just gave it 5 drops of lemon to a gallon of R.O. water.I did a test in the soil and it was still 6.8 After this is under control,do you recomend useing TIGER and BIG Bloom ever other watering?

do you recomend useing TIGER and BIG Bloom ever other watering?
I wouldn't really feel comfortable telling you how much to feed your girls. I don't know how big they are, whats in your soil and every plant is different. I will definitely tell you they need some bloom nutes once everything is in order:D.

bombbudpuffa said:
I wouldn't really feel comfortable telling you how much to feed your girls. I don't know how big they are, whats in your soil and every plant is different. I will definitely tell you they need some bloom nutes once everything is in order:D.
I will figure out the nutes for the ladys.BUT, did I put enough lemon juice in with a gallon of water?or do I need to add more?How much lemon juice do you put into a gallon of water to bring the ph down from 6.8 to 6?

You need a ph tester. Theres no way I can answer this because it will be different everytime:(.

mactight said:
To lower it,can I use just Ph dow or up the same as I use for my fish aquarium?Also what is PPM?So you think every watering is to much,useing fox farm prods?So that might be the problem?To much nutes?So start to give nutes every other watering?

You should NOT use aquarium PH chemicals. It's been said that they contain different ingredients that can cause root problems.

Also, here is a list of things you MUST consider when thinking in terms of pH which directly effects your PPM levels:

1. Electro-Conductivity (EC) or Conductivity Factor (cF) can be expressed as either milliSiemens (mS), cF, or parts per million (PPM) 1 mS = 10cF = 700ppm.

2. The pH and electro-conductivity values specified here are given as a broad range. It should be noted that specific plant requirements will vary according to regional climatic conditions, and from season to season within that region.

3. As a general rule, plants will have a higher nutrient requirement during cooler months (temps), and a lower requirement in the hottest months (temps). Therefore, a stronger nutrient solution should be maintained during winter, With a weaker solution during summer when plants take up and transpire more water than nutrients.

4. KNOW YOUR CROP. Plant EC or cF may vary according to the stage of growth. For example, cucumber prefer 20cF when establishing, and 25cF after the first harvest. Between 5 and 7 weeks after first harvest, the optimum cF is 17.

5. The nutrient solution should be discarded at regular intervals. Should there be a requirement to flush the growing bed, the system should be flushed with fresh nutrients (run-to-waste) rather than water to avoid starving or stressing plant.

bombbudpuffa said:
You need a ph tester. Theres no way I can answer this because it will be different everytime:(.
I do have a PH tester.Thats how I know its at 6.8:D When I add the 5 dropps of lemon to a gallon of RO water.I tested it and it was still at 6.8.I understand that I will have to add more lemon juice next time to help bring the PH level down to about 6.So,10 drops to a gallon,might be closer or any ideas?I am trying to bring the PH down to 6.:hairpull:

bombbudpuffa said:
Go by mil not drops. You'll be dropping all afternoon:D.
I am confussed:eek: Is that 1 millaliter per gallon or??????

I think this is from temperature differences or overwatering. Try to keep your night temperature higher. Look at this gude:http://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688
see Miscellaneous Sick Plant Troubles at the end of the post and the overwatering paragraph. good luck with your beutiful ladyes ;)

stamb said:
I think this is from temperature differences or overwatering. Try to keep your night temperature higher. Look at this gude:http://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688
see Miscellaneous Sick Plant Troubles at the end of the post and the overwatering paragraph. good luck with your beutiful ladyes ;)

Night temps should be 10-15 deg lower or it will cause yellowing.

Growdude said:
Night temps should be 10-15 deg lower or it will cause yellowing.

hmmm... that's interesting. Never heard/thought of that before. That's a pretty significant drop in temp. And in many cases can be unrealistic. I mean if the temps in my house are 85 degree in the grow area, and our house normally sits at 78, that's only a 7 degree drop in the best of the best optimal conditions. :holysheep:

md.apothecary said:
hmmm... that's interesting. Never heard/thought of that before. That's a pretty significant drop in temp. And in many cases can be unrealistic. I mean if the temps in my house are 85 degree in the grow area, and our house normally sits at 78, that's only a 7 degree drop in the best of the best optimal conditions. :holysheep:

I read this somewhere but have not found it, it was talking about how to limit stretch in flower at nite.
It said to keep the nite temps close to the day temps but not to go over the day temps or it could cause yellowing.

Im sure 7 deg drop is fine.

Latest posts

Back