yellow leaves on sprouts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkkent

Reaction score
my babies have only been in dirt for two days and they're shooting up! only thing is that one of them so far has yellow tips on its leaves.

i actually got plain old dirt, no MG no additives, nothing. so what gives? ph is high? i haven't tested the soil yet. I'm just amazed that they're going yellow already. I aborted my last grow after a week cuz of the same thing...but i was blaming it on the MG dirt.

help :)

if it is just plane old dirt, they may need something to eat...... have you feed it anything????

We really need pictures...

What exactly is "plain old dirt"? While MG and other pre-nuted commercial soil is not good for mj, it needs more than just plain dirt--which can mean anything from very clay soil to very sandy soil, from very acidic to very alkaline. It needs to drain well, but not too well. I would venture to say that your soil could be your problem, especially since they are so young and should not require nutes yet..

um, the bag is just plain dirt from the nursery. it doesn't have any nutes or anything added. i did mix it 80/20 with some perlite but nothing else. and i didn't water them when i planted because the soil seemed really moist. i did water them about an ounce each yesterday. (put the germinated seeds in dirt sunday) and they are in some of those 16oz party cups with holes in the bottom to drain.
under 6 flouros in a 20"x36" space, lights are 2-3" above with a ventilation/exhaust fan.
are there such things as bad seeds? i only ask because the other seedlings look fine

you should check mine out.
but my camera sucks at taking pics

Latest posts

Back