Yellow Leaves!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymonkey

Reaction score
hi all
im having a few problems with some of my leaves,some of them are turning yellow,some have just the tips turning yellow,ive removed a good few off dead leaves,but yet more continue to turn yellow,85% of my leaves are all green,so my theory is,if the leaves arnt all green,then theres a problem!

is this down to heat issues,or the nutrients,as i read somewhere on this site that when the leaves turn yellow then the plant isnt getting enough nutrients,but ive only been feeding the plants with the same measurements it states on the back of the bottle,also im using 5 drips on each plant,do they need more drips ?,or as a long shot am i over feeding them
my link is below of the journal im doing so people can see what ive been using and where iom at

thanks all:)
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52091

do you mean 5 drops?? i think it could be some feeding issue however i dont see any problem pics in your journal, you might get better help if you can post some pics taken when lights off or the fiirst 10 seonds when that hps starts to get a clear pic of what your describing ;)

you should flush them from time to time to remove salt buildup, it will help narrow things down too, what about Ph? if you're feeding regularly with full strength and no flush you could be having related issues

zem said:
you should flush them from time to time to remove salt buildup, it will help narrow things down too, what about Ph? if you're feeding regularly with full strength and no flush you could be having related issues

hi zem

what do you mean by `flush them`,also PH is usually around 5.7 - 6.0

flush them with water no ferts, you can use Ph adusted water to run t through the medium so that it cleans the medium from salt buildup

zem said:
flush them with water no ferts, you can use Ph adusted water to run t through the medium so that it cleans the medium from salt buildup

I aggre with zem here !! I was have 3 yellow leaves in my plant too and i flush my grow medium after that i continue my nutr program and i dident see yellow leaves again..!

hi
thanks for replies

right so the wilma drops that go into the rockwool to feed the plants,is this the part i need to take out of my setup & flush it with just water ?
aslo how long do i leave the pump on to flush the wilma drips/drops so all the salt has gone ?

thanks

HI ALL
sorry i cant get any pictures for next few days,camera seemed to have stopped working.

about the yellow leaf problem,i desperatly need more help,another plant is starting to get a good amount of its leaves starting to go a lighter green & some turning yellow.
it looks like its getting worse,ive also noticed towards the end of the leaves there going like a browny red colour then turn yellow.

im also getting concerned about pests!,ive got a good few midgies or small flies in my grow room,but my m8 said there harmeless as there definatly not spider mites.

can these midgies or small flies cause the damage that im seeing to the plants.

the last few replies where for to flush my medium to get rid of all salts,i forgot to mention i use a nutrient called cannazym,and theres not all that much of signs of salt build up.

can it be my feed,in the journal ive been doing,no one has ever commented about the feed i use.

IM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN GIVE ME PROFESSIONAL HELP ON HYDRO,IS ALL THE FEEDS IM GIVING THE PLANTS RIGHT !?

again sorry i dont have pictures at the minute but you can look at the link ive given in last comments to see where im at

please please help,im virtually losing 1 plant,now another looks like its going in the same way

please help,i seem to be the only person who dosnt get replies,i get the same few people that do reply,(thanks),but i need some help on someone who knows hydro well

Hay babymonkey,

I am not the pro you are looking for but I am very sympathetic with you. I found you mentioned "bad Ph pen or something than you bought another one is that correct? Do you have buffer solution to calibrate your Ph tester no matter if it is new IMO it could again be false reader. If this is the problem you are shooting blind there.Perfect Ph level for soil as I get it here is 6,5. I hope very much to have been of some help for you!

ross.limited said:
Hay babymonkey,

I am not the pro you are looking for but I am very sympathetic with you. I found you mentioned "bad Ph pen or something than you bought another one is that correct? Do you have buffer solution to calibrate your Ph tester no matter if it is new IMO it could again be false reader. If this is the problem you are shooting blind there.Perfect Ph level for soil as I get it here is 6,5. I hope very much to have been of some help for you!

hi ross.limited,much appreciated for taking time to reply

i did have a ph problem with the pen earlier on in my grow,i used the buffer solution & double checked it with my m8 pen.

but know you have brought it up,im going to get it checked again just to be on the safe side

thanks m8

I do not believe that Cannazym is a nutrient--it appears to be an enzyme that helps break down dead roots :confused: (or have I missed something?) I have never heard of this product. Is there a particular reason you chose it?

If you are running DWC, your pH should be kept in the range from about 5.5 to 6.0. What PPMs are you running?

babymonkey said:
hi
yes i mean 5 drops,ill have more pictures soon

Are you dripping straight nutes onto the rockwool?:holysheep:

That's what your post sort of implys.

DD

hi hemp goddess
yep my m8 told me to use it as it breaks down the salts or gets rid of it.
my ph is always around 5.7 - 5.9 ,about the ppm`s,im not actually sure i know what that is,could you explain please:) ,i just though it was another saying for `ph`.
thanks for helping me out,as know one has ever checked if all my feed is right

babymonkey said:
hi hemp goddess
yep my m8 told me to use it as it breaks down the salts or gets rid of it.
my ph is always around 5.7 - 5.9 ,about the ppm`s,im not actually sure i know what that is,could you explain please:) ,i just though it was another saying for `ph`.
thanks for helping me out,as know one has ever checked if all my feed is right

Something that breaks down salts most likely has no nutrients in it at all. Look on the back of the bottle and tell us what is in it. I would say that you are probably starving your plants to death. I would recommend getting something like General Hydroponics Flora series of nutes (Grow, Micro, Bloom) as soon as possible. PPMs stand for parts per million and indicates the amount of dissolved solids are in your water. It is a guideline for how much nutrient(s) to give your plants.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Something that breaks down salts most likely has no nutrients in it at all. Look on the back of the bottle and tell us what is in it. I would say that you are probably starving your plants to death. I would recommend getting something like General Hydroponics Flora series of nutes (Grow, Micro, Bloom) as soon as possible. PPMs stand for parts per million and indicates the amount of dissolved solids are in your water. It is a guideline for how much nutrient(s) to give your plants.

hi
i dont just use cannazym for feed,i also use aqua flora A + B,rhizatonic,and bloom accellerator
now im at the end of my 4th week of flowering,i also be adding PK-13 for the next 2 weeks.
ill have to invest in a ppm meter/ec tester

just so i understand,if i bought a ppm meter,will this tell me if my plants are getting the right nutrients,whether there getting too much,or too less??
as ive just been putting in what the back of the bottle says.

(please check my grow journal to see what feeds im using)
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=52091

thanks hemp goddess:)

Droopy Dog said:
Are you dripping straight nutes onto the rockwool?:holysheep:

That's what your post sort of implys.

DD

hi droopy dog
yes my drops go into my rockwool,to keep it wet,why isnt this the way its meant to be done ??

thanks m8:)

Latest posts

Back