yellow nearest hps lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
getting yellowing leaves that are nearest lights. maybe 4 or 5 plants doing this and some, only branches, leaves that are close to lights are yellowing. other side of plant is green. did some rotating but would love to know why this is happening. appears like they need nitrogen or the light is SUCKING nutrient(s) from them. they are in 2 nd week 12/12. thanks

Light burn/ heat stress

Or they might be hungry...you tell us?

i ask them, they dont say a word. the leaves look healthy. just discolored nearest lights. they have only been fed once since birth. a week ago. other food was from fox farm/ happy frog soil mix. snap a couple shots at lights out.,

Overall the tent is healthy and 2nd week into 12/12. The 1st 3 pics are tops that look so much yellower under hps. The 4th pic is another yellowing away from the light. The last pic is of the worst stretcher to date. She has 5 other sisters that look just like her. I ran about 10 chocolopes and half is super stretching bitches. VERY disappointed!! I did clone all of them. Chucked the clones from stretchers yesterday. The rapid rooters did very well for cloning. Anyway, these plants are about 50 days old. Were fed a week ago for the 1st time. I usually don't feed or flip quite this soon, but stretchers were getting out control. thankyou

View attachment 032.jpg

View attachment 034.jpg

View attachment 042.jpg

View attachment 045.jpg

View attachment 048.jpg

Or they might be hungry...you tell us?

That doesn't look like light bleaching to me....

Thinking they need some Nitrogen and or Calcium/Magnesium....

My last Satori grow, my plants got extremely yellow(worse than yours) on top right before the flip. I mixed up a foliar spray with some Super Thrive and cal/mag and sprayed them three days in a row....
You're at the beginning of flower so a foliar shouldn't be a problem.
That's my opinion but I'm sure
Some of the more experienced growers will pipe in.

That doesn't look like light bleaching to me....

Thinking they need some Nitrogen and or Calcium/Magnesium....

My last Satori grow, my plants got extremely yellow(worse than yours) on top right before the flip. I mixed up a foliar spray with some Super Thrive and cal/mag and sprayed them three days in a row....
You're at the beginning of flower so a foliar shouldn't be a problem.
That's my opinion but I'm sure
Some of the more experienced growers will pipe in.

I need a good book on mj problems with good photos. I have so many minor issues with a few plants and need to learn WHY. Getting a few that are canoeing again. Dunno why. Most are not. Also getting a few leaves that are distorted, stubby and twisting like when I pinch, I will see similar leaf distortion at pinch point. Most always these have minor if any effect on the final product. Love to know why though..thanks bud

I hear ya bro...when my Satori went yellow on me I literally stood in front of them and ask them why are you doing this to me? Don't I treat you good enough? And like you said above they didn't answer.

pic 4 main leaf does look like mg def.. yet the lower leaves almost lean more K
i'm pretty bad at pinpointing problems too though :eek: (the reference pics always seem so much more blatant eh? ;) )

i have a good plant problem pic from Jorge's new book i was going to post. but stupid MP -as usual- wont let me upload it.
pm me an email addy if you want me to send it to you.
:)

Unfortunately, that scale doesn't show all of the ways different deficiencies will present themselves. I think they are hungry AND needing more in the way of magnesium. What are you feeding them?

I hear ya bro...when my Satori went yellow on me I literally stood in front of them and ask them why are you doing this to me? Don't I treat you good enough? And like you said above they didn't answer.

:rofl: yes!!

pic 4 main leaf does look like mg def.. yet the lower leaves almost lean more K
i'm pretty bad at pinpointing problems too though :eek: (the reference pics always seem so much more blatant eh? ;) )

i have a good plant problem pic from Jorge's new book i was going to post. but stupid MP -as usual- wont let me upload it.
pm me an email addy if you want me to send it to you.
:)

YES! on the blatant and ordering ur book. thanks!

WEEDHOP, nice pics thanks! Some of those pics look all too familar. book tonight!!

pup, use all organic, all natural stuff like, crystal burst 0-15-15, carboload, cal-mag, maxicrop liquid seaweed, big bloom and boost. During veg.,i never have fed. Food in foxfarm and a few additives to soil.

So do you mix all of this up into the soil before you get started or as you do transplants, and then let the plants feed only on what's in the soil?

Latest posts

Back