Yellow spots on top, looks like holes from bottom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you stinky, these babes have been here this long, not making a rash move now! I'm still holding hope this is a nute burn, thinking I used too much bat guano....hoping lol (sad when your hoping the issue is user related lol)!

Am going to investigate VERY throughly tonight.......

ya im not 100% sure myself as it's hard to tell from pics. it could be one of many things all we can really do without physically seeing them is make a guess.

And much appreciated, Slowmo....as I am only guessing and with no experience, I am very appreciative of ALL who posted here!! Great community, hope I have chance to return the favor some day...only not with such a potentially depressing issue, possibly?? Man, I gotta take my med now... :48:

we're all here to help and learn brother. sorry i couldn't be more help

Roddy said:
And much appreciated, Slowmo....as I am only guessing and with no experience, I am very appreciative of ALL who posted here!! Great community, hope I have chance to return the favor some day...only not with such a potentially depressing issue, possibly?? Man, I gotta take my med now... :48:

Slowmo is right it is just educated guessing somewhat without knowing every detail, im sure you will soon return the favor Roddy and these depressing issues are all part of the experience dont let it get you down its not over and nothing we cant still try to fix:D

I'm around 98% sure it's a nute burn issue and not mites....am going in to buy a scope tomorrow, so will know for certain then! I saw nothing that looked like it was alive other than plant on top or bottom of hundreds of leaves I looked at very closely... :48:

This is the cola of my Kandy Kush in the same room as those I am concerned about....

View attachment dope a1 033-1.JPG

I looked at the pics, which takes me a while on dial-up, totally hate the way we have to post them now. I agree that it's classic nute burn.

You know what to do, flush the affected plants, next watering after that just ph'd water, then back to feeding with less nutes. Obviously, do a reduction in your other girls too. They may not be showing issues yet, but why push them to the limit, it only causes stress.

Edited to say that if it is the borg, and they've done that much damage already, it's an infestation that's been working for awhile and you're going to have a huge battle on your hands. Usually they work from the bottom up, they hate the light and tend to stay low on the plant at first to avoid it. You don't normally see damage up top unless they've been there for awhile, IME.

to me classic nute burn starts at the tips of the leaves and works it's way back into the leaf, i've never had nute burn that caused tiny brown spots with holes in them. but thats just me.

I didnt look at pics. Cant believe nobody said it yet. Sounds like cal/mag, straight up. Maybe PH combo. Mites bright white spots. Rust spots, tons of them, are cal/mag starting in. Maybe you have mites too, have not looked. But what you describe is the start of cal/mag def and prob nitrogen drf if your seeing yellowing.

I will look at pics tomorow if you dont get it sorted out already.

Didn't flush, just added some nutes at the correct dosage....the gals look ok tonight. The dying leaves have slowed, not as bad as the last few nights at all...I think the gals are fine! In fact, the Pineapple Express grew an inch overnight, the Northern Lights grew an inch and a half! The buds these two are producing are really looking sweet, they smell even sweeter and are very sticky to the touch!

THANS for the comments all, I HOPE I am out of the woods and heading for the finish line!

Just looked. Glad you got it worked out. I saw cal/mag and N def setting in.

Would adding unsulphured molasses to the nute mix, would that be a good cal/mag booster? Shows 6% of each.

Here's another pic of the Kandy Kush (1st pic)....over 6' tall with thickening sticky buds!

Second pic shows the top of one of the many frosty buds forming and growing all over the Pineapple Express.

Third pic shows the spear-like branches of the Northern Lights, this plant was topped once to produce this multi-cola beast!

View attachment dope a1 023-1.JPG

View attachment dope a1 030-1.JPG

View attachment dope a1 011-1.JPG

I did throw it out there that it is or could be cal/mag before anything else. Post #8

Very nice pics Roddy I have a Kandy Kush Fem I am waiting to grow out, I have a thread and poll on what 12/12 strain to run next of 3 possibles, Is that reserva privada KK fem?

Yes, was a UFO from a previous order, I ordered 6 more as well as a few other RP stock and some Acapulco Gold lol I let this KK grow to over 30" before putting in budding, then added it to an 18 gal tub the first week in due to a mole issue...I think it appreciated the larger home! She ended up growing over an inch a day, usually 2" a day for the first two weeks of budding.

A question for all those who are fairly experienced...I noticed that the Kandy Kush is just as happy as the day I transplanted her into the 18gal tub at the beginning of bud stage, no sign of cal/mag shortage, no signs of ANY nute issues or even any browning leaves save a very few expected losses at the bottom of the plant.

Question is, would the transplant to a larger tub with fresh soil be the reason? If I were to transplant from say a 3gal to a 10gal or so for each plant around start of bud, would this help to keep the babes happy healthy and HUGE? Would the addition of the bigger pot/soil be the reason the KK is so much happier than the two that are still in same soil as they started in some 3 1/2 months ago or so?

Reason I ask, the Pineapple Express is in a 3gal pot, is 3' + in size and I cannot stick my finger through the soil to even test the dryness...roots are like a net on the top! I should add that the PE wasn't like this when I put her in budding, the roots have tightened to the point I cannot any longer check dryness with finger....

Latest posts

Back