Yellow spots on top, looks like holes from bottom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Roddy

After seeing and thinking I had a nute overdoes problem on my Pineapple Express, I am seeing my Northern Lights develop the same problem. From the top, the leaves are showing a tiny yellowing to brown spot...hundreds on a leaf...from the bottom, it looks like swiss cheese, the spots look like tiny holes through the leaves.

Spider mites? Not seeing any webs, but that's probably only because they're just getting started? The Pineapple Express has been sick for a few days now, first the larger leaves turned yellow and were dying off (might not be related, this could have actually been the nute burn I had originally suspected), then I started noticing the spots/holes.

Plants are in budding, I have a Kandy Kush that's 5 weeks and a day in bud, the Northern Lights is 3 days into her 5th week and the Pineapple Express is in her 3rd week...treatment? Kandy Kush is showing no signs as yet, but I haven't looked super close, just noticed the Northern Lights last night...

its really hard to say without seeing them could be alot of diiferent things. really need pics. i'm sure i can find a link that will explain how to post pictures. also take a look at the first two links in my signature they might help a little

OK, best pic I could do, THANKS for the help! I saw this, but wasn't understanding exactly...needed to resize lol!!

Pic shows the yellow/brown spots on one of the leaves, I couldn't get a good pic from the bottom, will do so tonight when lights go back up!

View attachment doped sick 012.JPG

it does kinda look like spidermites but it's really hard to tell. have you looked under the leaves real good to see if their running around. they're hard to see sometimes.

its hard to tell with the glare from the light on the leaves. had to fold my screen way back to see it myself

its hard to say really. what i do know is don't use neem oil on them in flowering. you could probably look and find some organic treatment for them but make sure it's safe to use on edibles. spidermites in flowering is the worst. maybe someone else will chime in with some ideas for a good product you can use. sorry i could be more help

hXXp://www.saferbrand.com/store/garden-care/5102

Any good? Plants are in night stage now, should I be doing anything...or is there anything I can do for these 3? The KK is 3 weeks from harvest, the Northern Lights is around 4 weeks from harvest and the PE is around 5 weeks or so from harvest. The KK isn't showing any signs as yet, should I harvest early or ride it out? The Northern Lights is looking fairly good, can I or should I harvest this one now?

I am truly bummed and desperate here, any thoughts are welcomed and appreciated...

if you harvest them that early your gonna lose out on alot. if the KK doesn't seem to be infected yet i would try to find something and give it an early treatment just to be safe and i would try to ride it out till as close to the end as you can. if you used the search feature you should be able to find an easy home made mix to help slow the mites down untill harvest. also if only one of your plants is showing signs then it might not be spider mites. in my experience once they get on one plant they get on them all pretty fast. i'll try to find a link to some good spider mite info on here

I won't interrupt the cycle as I fear that, if these are indeed mites, it's too late anyway. However, I will be looking VERY close tonight. Don't have a stupid scope yet (dumb dumb dumb), but have a few mag glasses and will be scouring the plants.

I saw that rubbing alcohol is a good weapon in bud stage.....

ya, it would be better to use that than a chemilcal that will stay in the bud for you to smoke later.. just remember if you do use any chemicals to give the plants several good rinsings before you harvest and eventualy smoke

just noticed the link in your other post there....it's a dead link! I've been reading a bit and it's none too encouraging....

More reading and I noticed that mites aren't happy in colder areas?? My room regularly goes down to around 60-65 degrees, I noted it was a cool 57 the other day (below freezing outside, room is not heated and used to actually be a porch)....could this be something other than mites? Have not seen any webbing as yet and no, the KK is not infected, I checked it closely yesterday!

Could this be an overuse of bat guano?

I also noticed they aren't happy with humidity...if they truly ARE mites, would raising the humidity by placing a few buckets of water and/or some wet towels in the room, towels maybe hanging off light reflectors to heat them?

And yes, have the alcohol waiting...some for me to knock down the depression and the rubbing kind for those pests.

I am just throwing it out there but I would be sure these are from mites before making any decisions, they are hard to find but I would make sure I see one first. I have had similar spots late in flower and it wasnt mites, not sure exactly what it was, maybe a newb mistake I was thinking cal/mag issues I then tried to fix too late, not saying you should go that way but just a thought, it could be other things.

Latest posts

Back