Yellowing during week 3 flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmo

Ganja Farmer
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hello, my lady is 3 weeks 1 day into flowering today. Over the past 3 weeks I have noticed a yellowing of the bottom leaves slowly upwards. It seems to have started moving a little quicker now and I am starting to get a little concerened. The top of the plants look completely healthy, as do the flowers. The facts....

-was using normal doses of big bloom and grow big during veg state.
-flushed before flower
-am using distilled water with a ph of 6.5 for watering
-3 gallon containers
-1 400w HPS light 12" away from top of plant
-Temperature stays at about 75f
-I am not using any nutes during flowering at this time, do I need to get flowering nutes?

Is this yellowing normal during flowering? The leaves that are yellow are crisp to the touch. Whats going on???

whoops forgot to post pics.

100_0286.JPG

100_0288.JPG

100_0289.JPG

100_0290.JPG

100_0291.JPG

it just happens during flowering.
It mainly starts on the lower portion of the plant, and works its way up during the flowering period.
It just means that all the energy has been used up on thoes leaves.

when you finish flowering, most of your plant will be yellow.
Its like it does in nature, when fall comes....it changes color like alot of plants.

However, if you give unusually high ammounts of Nitrogen, through out flowering.. you can finish with a mostly green plant.
....but why bother.

Completely normal. Looking good. Good all around except don't need to flush before flowering, and need flowering nutes. Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom work wonders.

Keep it up.

PB:)

Reactions: gmo
Thats what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the quick help!

That is normal. Your plants are focusing more on budding and not on vegging. You are giving them more P and K, and less N (bloom nutes), hence the yellowing leaves. I have had plants with no fan leaves left on my plant at harvest time.

Reactions: gmo
I will pick up a bottle of tiger bloom while I am out tomorrow.

big bloom or tiger bloom used in the first of floweing, use 'cha ching'
(foxfarm) after tiger bloom.

Latest posts

Back