yellowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJHitt

Senior Smoker
Reaction score
I was using bat guano to feed and added Big Bud to the mix, the leaves started yellowing and I went to just Big Bud, the leaves are still yellowing and have brown tips and spots, am I over feeding?

Dec 27 2008 004.jpg

Dec 27 2008 003.jpg

how long have they been in flower ? and whats your ph ?
it could be nute burn or a ph problem with the burning of the tips ,,but the fan leaves tend to go yellow towards the end of flowering its just the plant using up all its goodness ,,,
nice looking buds btw :48:

CJHitt, check the pH of your soil. Checking pH is often the first done in order to trouble shoot a plant problem.

I have bat guano and on the package it says to use once a month. What does it say on your package of bat guano? Be sure not to overdo the bat guano.

It's important to give your plants plenty phosphorus during flowering, but they also need good amounts of potassium. Plus, don't forget, they still need some nitrogen and secondary and micro nutrients.

I don't know what problem you're experiencing, but start trouble shooting by first checking pH. As UKgirl said, in late flowering it's normal for yellowing of the leaves, because they're using up the nitrogen in an effort to help grow those buds.

Hey CJHitt, I just read a post by localfan420 titled, "illustrated def. guide". This might help you.

They have been flowering about 5.5 weeks and the PH is between 5.5 and 6.5. The Big Bud has no nitrogen, but when I was giving them guano and BB at they started to yellow and I went to just BB. Do they need an added nute?

According to other posts my PH is to acedic for growing in soil, what is the best way to raise it to 6.5 to 7.0?

Perhaps you could flush out the soil with distilled water, pH 7.0. The neutral pH water should flush all the soil of the compounds that make it acidic. I believe this to be a good way to flush out the acidic soil and ultimately bring the pH up to where you want it. After you flush you could water with a light nutrient solution, pH 6.2-6.4.

This is a bit of guess work on my part, but it's what I might do if I had the same problem. I hope this helps.

Alistair Young said:
Perhaps you could flush out the soil with distilled water, pH 7.0. The neutral pH water should flush all the soil of the compounds that make it acidic. I believe this to be a good way to flush out the acidic soil and ultimately bring the pH up to where you want it. After you flush you could water with a light nutrient solution, pH 6.2-6.4.

This is a bit of guess work on my part, but it's what I might do if I had the same problem. I hope this helps.

I would try the flush trick also.:D

I'd do what Alistair said. Those splotches on your leaves look like a phosphorus deficiency, and phosphorus get locked out easily when your ph starts dropping below 6. If yo've been having your PH at 5.5, I'd say thats your problem. A good flush with PH 7 like Alistair said will bring your PH back into normal range, then you can give it some nutes that it will actually absorb.

Did the flush hopefully it will slow the yellowing,and brown spots.

Latest posts

Back