yet another "first" grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about all them males.. that ***** man, but your ladies are looking real prime!

Wow mang them ladies have come along way and are looking great. ;) Bummer about the males but that's what happens when growing from seed. We just tossed 14 plants into flower and i've been picking males out for the last 3 days. It hurts tossing away all them nice plants but hey ya gotta go. :p

Thanks everyone for the kind replies. I did build the tank myself, took some ideas from a hydro book I read recently. What I don't like about the current setup is the sprayers that I have in there, because I have to clean them about twice a day. I bought different sprayers a few weeks ago, put one in and it sprayed all over the place when I would open the lid, when the lid was closed water would run over to the edge of the lid and drip on my floor, so I've had to just deal with the clogging until the next grow. My next aero grow will use the microjet sprayers and a differnet tub that as a lip built in aroud the inside outer edge of the lid so that the water that runs across it will drip back into the reservoir instead of outside.

Although, my next grow may involve a remote reservoir and an aeroponic "fogging" type setup, similar to a humidifier...it should one-up the growth rate of the aero tups...:D

And the nutes are called Liquid Earth plant nutrition system, a 3 part system for hydro...

shadetree said:
Thanks everyone for the kind replies. I did build the tank myself, took some ideas from a hydro book I read recently. What I don't like about the current setup is the sprayers that I have in there, because I have to clean them about twice a day. I bought different sprayers a few weeks ago, put one in and it sprayed all over the place when I would open the lid, when the lid was closed water would run over to the edge of the lid and drip on my floor, so I've had to just deal with the clogging until the next grow. My next aero grow will use the microjet sprayers and a differnet tub that as a lip built in aroud the inside outer edge of the lid so that the water that runs across it will drip back into the reservoir instead of outside.

Although, my next grow may involve a remote reservoir and an aeroponic "fogging" type setup, similar to a humidifier...it should one-up the growth rate of the aero tups...:D

And the nutes are called Liquid Earth plant nutrition system, a 3 part system for hydro...

Hi Shade,
I looked at the Nutrimist fogger but that's $370, have you seen a cheaper one? I like the idea for sure.:hubba:

Yeah, I saw that to. looks like an all in one deal, but you can purchase the fogger gimmicks in a single head, triple, six or even ten and build your own setup...If this is a no-no some body delete it by all means but the place I got my stuff from that has them is called future garden, do a search on them and they will come up pretty quick...

Oh yeah, it's smelling good. Every time I leave the house and come back it reaks...I'm just glad we don't have alot of visitors that smoke!

great lookin grow man i like your home made hydro ,the buds are lookin good keep up the good work

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM
AND HAPPY SMOKIN

shadetree said:
Yeah, I saw that to. looks like an all in one deal, but you can purchase the fogger gimmicks in a single head, triple, six or even ten and build your own setup...If this is a no-no some body delete it by all means but the place I got my stuff from that has them is called future garden, do a search on them and they will come up pretty quick...

Thanks, I've had been to their site already and saw the 1,3,6 and 10 head system. That's where they have the fogger unit for $370, well $369. Don't you need the machine to go with the heads though? Or can a submersible pump be hooked up to them? Thanks. :)

I'ma Joker Midnight Toker said:
Thanks, I've had been to their site already and saw the 1,3,6 and 10 head system. That's where they have the fogger unit for $370, well $369. Don't you need the machine to go with the heads though? Or can a submersible pump be hooked up to them? Thanks. :)

All you need is the heads, a small fan that blows into the reservoir, and something to plumb the fog to your grow chambers. You can use the plumbing as the return back to the reservoir. No pumps, just a fan.

shadetree said:
All you need is the heads, a small fan that blows into the reservoir, and something to plumb the fog to your grow chambers. You can use the plumbing as the return back to the reservoir. No pumps, just a fan.

:holysheep: Thanks Shade,
I plan on doing aero, can I put the heads under the roots and a fan there to circulate it, are they submerged, I don't know crackers about them.
Oh by the way on your lid problem. Get a glue gun and cut some 2 inch strips of plexi (Lucite) and glue them an inch in on all for sides of your lid and that will solve your drip problem.

Yeah thanks I may give that a shot before the next go 'round, they've only got a few weeks left, so I'll just deal with it. I don't really know about having the fogger head in the tub with the plants though, it may work. Are they heads submerged? I think that they just float around on top of the water.

And on another note, went to radio shack yesterday and bought one of those hand-held microscopes for $11. Illuminated and 60x-100x. Works great!

shadetree said:
Yeah thanks I may give that a shot before the next go 'round, they've only got a few weeks left, so I'll just deal with it. I don't really know about having the fogger head in the tub with the plants though, it may work. Are they heads submerged? I think that they just float around on top of the water.

And on another note, went to radio shack yesterday and bought one of those hand-held microscopes for $11. Illuminated and 60x-100x. Works great!

What makes them fog then ?

Micro- For looking close at the trichs? Might have to check one out.

Don't really know what makes them fog, but I'm pretty sure that they just "ride around" and make that fog. Something about the teflon transducers oscillating or something. Supposed to sterilize your water to.
The microscope may be a little too powerful, with all my shaking and jitters, it's a little difficult to "find" the trichs so to speak.

Update...one week later. Wed is 7 weeks of flowering, lots of hairs turning and starting to see some trichs clouding up.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

update, wed is week 8. Seeing a few amber trichs on one plant, closest to the camera in the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th pics...probably coming down in a few days, the big one a few after that, and the other maybe mid-week next week...

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Man O man they are looking great. :aok: Looks like your gonna have a nice harvest over the next week or so. Great job mang, great job. ;)

Yeah I'm pretty stoked, can't wait to start over, I may try and reveg 2 of these to take some clones, and I've got some seeds left, and my pollenation efforts seemed to be fruitful, so hopefully I'll have a dozen or so widow X bubblicious seeds...can't wait to pass this stuff around too, one smart-*** friend of mine says he only smokes "good" weed, so it will be funny to see this lay him out:D

It's always great when you turn your friends on to some great smoke. :hubba: We have this one friend come over all the time and he hasen't a clue we grow the bud that knocks him on his arse all the time. :rofl: Two or three bong hits and he leaves with a big old smile. :p

Latest posts

Back