Your thoughts are required mjp peoples!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

min

Reaction score
:confused: :rolleyes: been a while since I have been on here, the site looks great!
Our girls look fine and healthy, we are in week 6.5 of flowering, how do we know when to harvest? they all have fat nice healthy buds, am so wanting to have a try! but not till they are ready! some of the white hairs are turning a browny sort of colour and the buds are sticky and smell delicious, i don't have a scope, havn't been able to find one. I don't want to pull them too early, but then again don't want to pull them too late? they are indoors, 15 of dem, 9 grown from seed and 6 are clones, any ideas, anyone?? And should the larger fan leaves be yellowing and coming off, although the buds are still getting fat and sticky, is that normal?

The only way to tell if they are ready if by looking at the trichs with some kind of 30x or better magnification. You can get a pocket microscope at Radio Shack for around $12 or a jeweler's loupe on E-bay for around $5. Harvest hen the trichs are a mixture of cloudy and amber. More amber trichs give more of a couchlock high. Most strains take 8-12 weeks to mature. What strain are your growing?

:yeahthat:

Make it a mission to get one...it's really that important homey....

The Hemp Goddess said:
The only way to tell if they are ready if by looking at the trichs with some kind of 30x or better magnification. You can get a pocket microscope at Radio Shack for around $12 or a jeweler's loupe on E-bay for around $5. Harvest hen the trichs are a mixture of cloudy and amber. More amber trichs give more of a couchlock high. Most strains take 8-12 weeks to mature. What strain are your growing?

:yeahthat: heres some pics that may help too..

at 7 weeks I say take a sample as well from the lower portion of plant:aok:

trich.jpg

trichs again.jpg

When-To-Harvest-2.jpg

Not knowing what strain you have, it's impossible to tell you for sure what to do, but if you can't get a scope, then take them when about 75-80% of the pistils have turned brown (or red, or orange, etc.) and have withered a bit. The best thing however, is to purchase a small scope from Radio Shack and look at the trichs.

hey thanx for your ideas people, I really have no idea what strain they are, one is bubblegum, clone, not sure what the other clones are, or the ones grown from seed! we pulled three of them last night, coz of bud rot, and finally got to smoke some!! OMG, almost tasted peachyish, sweet and yummy. will endeavour to get a scope on my travels, they are interesting plants, a microscope would just add another level of interest, could quite easily get hooked!! thankyou again.

If you hve the cash this is awesome...still trying to talk the wife into getting it for me for my Birthday...she says it's a toy..which it is...but it still is cool as hell and you can take great pics with it....hxxp://www.amazon.com/dp/B00153C5KY/ref=asc_df_B00153C5KY933857?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=googlecom09c9-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B00153C5KY

xx to tt

Alistair Young said:
Not knowing what strain you have, it's impossible to tell you for sure what to do, but if you can't get a scope, then take them when about 75-80% of the pistils have turned brown (or red, or orange, etc.) and have withered a bit. The best thing however, is to purchase a small scope from Radio Shack and look at the trichs.

:yeahthat: I don't bother with a 30x scope or anything, my rule of thumb is when the orangey pistils cover about 15-20% of the plant thats when I start my 2 week flush and after the 2 weeks are up like Alistair says their ready to chop when their about 75-80%.

awesum! Due to our 19 year old son, being an idiot and bringing the po po to our home,we had to pull early,and i reckon they still had another 3 maybe 4 weeks left, but 4 a first attempt they were pretty damn good, i didnt even get time to get any photos to show you all! sucky, never mind, **** happens eh? next time, and there will be a next time, it would be rude not to!! cheers for all your input peoples.

Latest posts

Back