smoking pot and being parent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papabeach1

Reaction score
hello everybody yea yall can say I am American

I would like to have all of your option of me or the version of me..
myself I would rather to have my children to smoke with me or smoke my stash

cuz I do not want them to get caught with wrong hands?? my mom rather for me to smoke with someone my parents know very well...

I have 3 children I do not have problem sit down with them and talk about pots and drugs and tell them its ok to smoke pot only if they want to..

but if they want heavy drugs, they need to wake up this world is not make for these thing of heavy drugs am I wrong?

depends how old they are I suppose..and if they could understand the diff between what Big Brother says about marijuana and what I say about it..good thread my friend be interesting on what others think..

i dont know what it is your asking.i have the hardest time understanding your posts my friend.i totally agree with you about having your kids smoke with you.its better to have them at home smoking staying out of trouble,than to have them out roaming around all high.a few of my friend's parents smoke and we always go blaze with them.we have been smokin with them since the mid 90's.i.m.o. theres nothing like smoking with a stoner from the 60's/70's. it seems like they all have so many good old stories to share.but as for heavier drugs,i would never tell my kids that it was ok to touch them,rather than to tell them not to,i'd try to explain to them some stories of people i know that have died from them and try to scare them a little.anyways,theres my $.02 i hope i didnt offend you by telling you its hard to understand some of your posts,but it might help if you read what you post to make sure it makes sense..b-4 you click the post button.itll make it so people know that you know what your saying,rather then thinking your a lil off. see what im sayin? anyways,take care my friend.-peace

My wife and I are having a baby boy this October (our first little bugger.) When he is older I will certainly talk with him about anything at all, however, I will not enable him. When he is 18 maybe I will burn one with him if he does smoke, but I will certainly not glamorize getting high. I will let him know there is plenty of time in his life to burn one if he wants too, but don't make it your priority in life.

my kids now i smoke and grow ,,well the eldest 2 do ,,,we have had the talk about drugs ect ect ,,and they know if and when they do want to try it ,,ill be cool with it providing they are old enough (by that i mean left home and working :giggle:)but they no my views on drink and drugs and fortunatley they agree with me ,,:peace:

that is very true, and kids love to tell others and brag about their parents

thats what im scare of lol, I remeber my old time brag about my parents,
but now Im proud to have my mom, me and my dad doesnt smoke together, he treat me like I am thing to him.. that is what i am avoid to treat my kids like my dad did to me... i like to be loving very cool dad as I am but I dont want anyone treat me like a crap as law officals do sad huh?
its very right to teach kids about the safety, and be smart about it.

Kludge said:
You sound like a responsible parent. Parents that pretend these things don't exist and don't happen end up having kids selling their bodies for crack.

Your kids aren't going to want to always smoke with you though. They will want to hang with their friends and smoke, just like you did. ;) I think you just have to teach them how to be safe and smart then let them make their own mistakes.

papabeach1 said:
that is very true, and kids love to tell others and brag about their parents quote]

fortunatley for me my kids only asked one thing when they knew i grew ,,,not to let there friends find out ,,, so if i aint telling they sure as hell wont be :D

i have a teenage daughter and she knows i smoke and grow. I've explained to things to her, i try to give her facts and anytime i read a study on mj and its uses as a medical treatment. She has seen me in some pretty bad places from other drugs so im sure she knows the horrors of hard drugs. I explained the dangers of anyone finding out that i grow, and that it might seem cool to tell her friends but it could get me in alot of trouble. She knows that if she ever decides to try mj on her own then i would rather it be here with me and not with people that don't know what they are givin her. I think its up to all of us to educate our kids so that in the future they can make an informed dicission based on facts.

I was 11 when i started to smoke, my mom foound out when i was 13, she decided that if i was going to smoke anyway why not do it with her, it's brought us closer

godspeedsuckah said:
My wife and I are having a baby boy this October (our first little bugger.) When he is older I will certainly talk with him about anything at all, however, I will not enable him. When he is 18 maybe I will burn one with him if he does smoke, but I will certainly not glamorize getting high. I will let him know there is plenty of time in his life to burn one if he wants too, but don't make it your priority in life.

:yeahthat:

I want to be a good role model for my kids. My kids are taught in school about how bad drugs are. My oldest is 10 and I hope he doesn't know that I use, let alone grew. I want my kids to stay innocent as long as they can. MJ is against the law after all. ;)

My step daughter knows I smoke for pain relief for sleep and that I have a card & legal. She knows not to use hard drugs because I sat her down & explained how it ruines your life. She knows I grow and she knows not to talk about it but if it did come to a leo comin g to my door I am legal an grow the limit in California.

Papa beach1 your a great dad keep it up and I understood everything you stated to us. Be honest with your kids or they'll hide it.

first let me say my only child(son) is grown and has 3 children jimself.he knew i smoked from the time he was probably 10 yrs old.i explained to him about my pain.he understood to be so young.and as an adult himself,he just can not smpke.MJ is not for everybody and hes 1 of them.he gets totally freaked out and panics.kinda funny the first time he smoked with me.of course i screwed with his head big time,lol.but today he does not smoke,drink or any of the habits his dad has.thank you

as a 21 year old male, i am perhaps the last person to be offering my thoughts on parenting. i treat my body like a hammer and the world is my nail. but as i grew up at home with multicultural parents, weed and alcohol were literally never to be touched or thought about. my mom always had this crazy sixth sense during high school, always seemed to know when i was smoking. kinda scary since my parents had a no-tolerance policy to the stuff. my most horrible memory from that time was when my dad found my stash (pipe/weed/lighter) in a plastic bag and was waiting for me in my room with the bag out on my desk when i got home from school... some terrifying **** man

ive also seen/smoked with the flipside of the coin, parents and teens who blaze together. hell, my friend and i used to smoke the shake off his mom's ginormous weed stash and then later he told me how he went through the process of how him and his mom introduced each other to the fact that both of them smoked pot. now they are all one weed-happy smoking family. weird how things turn out eh?

there's also the parents who smoke and even buy with their kids. but those are rare moments in their life of things. these types of parents have a "If I don't see it or smell it, then its probably not happening" type of policy to weed in the house. getting together with their kids with bud is a sporadic moment.

i would like to be a cool dad. i would like to smoke with my kids someday. but i dont think i would want them growing up to be just like me at this point in my life. weed has affected my life in one way or another. id want to mitigate that impact on my children. for example, i know friends who come from russia and mexico. alcohol is pretty much a staple and is left out and about for you or anyone else to drink. no one keeps tabs. these friends very rarely drink at home and are not raging alcoholics. id want the same thing for my kids. to have the weed around if they want it from an early age, but to know that this is something that should be done in moderation along with explanations of the risks involved and what you can end up as (lazy, boring and overweight). kids always seem to think that if parents are doing it, then its probably definitely not as cool if you were introduced to it by that awesome friend with his awesome weed with that awesome music playing (like me... good times though...) lofty ideals i think, but its something id shoot for.

Though I don't agree with the whole "go out and smoke . . . if you want to thing" I do appreciate you standing up as a parent and taking an active role in your kids lives. I say I don't agree with going out and smoking only because I think if you allow a child the opportunity to just go out and do something without any repercussions they fail to learn how to respect the activity they are partaking in. When kids don't respect smoking pot stupid stuff starts to happen. I think they need to be educated on the subject a little more clearly and should go into it with an open mind. At that point, once they know what can and will happen when you smoke, they have *hopefully* developed the respect for the plant needed to be able to fully enjoy it.

I feel the same way about things like sex. If you were to be one of those parents that just says "well, if your going to do it I'd rather you do it at the house where you will be safe" and leave it at that you are asking for your child to abuse the privilege of being intimate with someone else and "oopss", I'm 14 and have my own kid now.

I smoke, i am a parent. After my children are 18 they can do what they want. Until then, NO WEED, NO DRUGS, NO ALCOHOL. If i catch em, i got a leather belt with their names on it.

Its do as i say not as i do. When they are 18 and if they want to smoke drink whatever they want. Until they are out of my house, they better not mess with it. It's not being a hypocrite it's being a DAD.I am not my son's pot smoking best buddie. I'm his dad. That'll change when he's a man.... If he chooses to smoke.

Knowing that dad smokes is diff than smoking alone or with parents. Parenting is the most challenging aspect of life....next to dodging the man as i smoke my weed.

when i was all of thirteen, i was fishing for crappie on a resovoir with my dad and his dad ( pop-pop ). they told me what marijuana was, how to tell the difference between grass and laced stuff, and tought me how to roll a joint.

to this day its the finest pinner ive ever had the privledge to light,

dad was ( and is ) a lineman for a power company. pop-pop too and so i have been. when my son is old enough to have mj brought up by people outside my clan then, its my dad's and my RESPONSIBILITY to show him good from bad, not right from wrong, but good from bad. in the end , although he is only 5 years old now, it's gonna be his decision and i'll be damned if he (my son) will go into it blindly. not on my watch.

i was brought up in a very liberal house for the area i live, and i think information does more to quell the intrest tenagers have in drugs than denial ever will.

ive done just about everything. and although there are things i'd like to say ive never done, im glad i have the FIRST hand expereance with the things i had. i can explain them to my son instead of some b.s. health teacher.

be honest with your children, and they'll be honest with you.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
I smoke, i am a parent. After my children are 18 they can do what they want. Until then, NO WEED, NO DRUGS, NO ALCOHOL. If i catch em, i got a leather belt with their names on it.

Its do as i say not as i do. When they are 18 and if they want to smoke drink whatever they want. Until they are out of my house, they better not mess with it. It's not being a hypocrite it's being a DAD.I am not my son's pot smoking best buddie. I'm his dad. That'll change when he's a man.... If he chooses to smoke.

Knowing that dad smokes is diff than smoking alone or with parents. Parenting is the most challenging aspect of life....next to dodging the man as i smoke my weed.

There are a few things in life that I do not talk about or question with other people. 1) Religion, 2) Politics, 3) How to raise a child, but seeing as we are all pretty open minded and discussion oriented people I don't think any harm is going to come from this so . . .

I understand where you are coming from, but at the same time I have to question things a little bit. How can you expect someone else to follow guidelines that you, yourself, do not follow? Being a dad is about leading by example and being a good role model. The choices you make in your home are law and I respect that. You are the father and what you say goes, the same would be said for any mother out there as well, but by leading a do as I say not as I do lifestyle you are pretty much portraying yourself as a hypocrite to your kid(s). What are they going to learn from that?

There comes a time in a childs life where they are no longer a child and no longer have a childs mindset where mom and dad are their ultimate heroes and they don't see all the B.S.. They reach an age where the world is slowly starting to click and they finally, clearly, start to see things for what they really are. I am not sure if your kid is at that age yet, but if he hasn't reached that age yet, don't you want your child to view you as a man who was always honest with him and straightfoward or someone who expected things out of him that Dad isn't even able to do?

'' have fun and steer clear of the needle....."

- patterson hood
the drive by truckers

really simple.... teach children to do right things from wrong things
how can they learn if they didnt make mistakes ??

its hard to learn if they dont make mistake so we all rather see them make mistakes at home instead somewhere else and teach them whats wrong and whats right thing to do... Im daddy for 9 years so far, I hope I did learn the right things

pussum said:
There are a few things in life that I do not talk about or question with other people. 1) Religion, 2) Politics, 3) How to raise a child, but seeing as we are all pretty open minded and discussion oriented people I don't think any harm is going to come from this so . . .

I understand where you are coming from, but at the same time I have to question things a little bit. How can you expect someone else to follow guidelines that you, yourself, do not follow? Being a dad is about leading by example and being a good role model. The choices you make in your home are law and I respect that. You are the father and what you say goes, the same would be said for any mother out there as well, but by leading a do as I say not as I do lifestyle you are pretty much portraying yourself as a hypocrite to your kid(s). What are they going to learn from that?

There comes a time in a childs life where they are no longer a child and no longer have a childs mindset where mom and dad are their ultimate heroes and they don't see all the B.S.. They reach an age where the world is slowly starting to click and they finally, clearly, start to see things for what they really are. I am not sure if your kid is at that age yet, but if he hasn't reached that age yet, don't you want your child to view you as a man who was always honest with him and straightfoward or someone who expected things out of him that Dad isn't even able to do?

Latest posts

Back