smoking pot and being parent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what if they found out and keep it to themselve if they learned that you keep it yourself?? its better to be honest so they can be honest to you, really not always but goal is work straight with kids right?

SmokinMom said:
:yeahthat:

I want to be a good role model for my kids. My kids are taught in school about how bad drugs are. My oldest is 10 and I hope he doesn't know that I use, let alone grew. I want my kids to stay innocent as long as they can. MJ is against the law after all. ;)

when i was 13 i left some hash oil on my dresser, my father found it. He took it and said "dont let your mother find this". I never got it back but he further explained to me to keep a low profile and avoid the hard drugs. My father was a large and abusive man but chose to cleary explain dope to me instead of beating it into me. I never forgot his advice.
You cant stop your kids from smoking, we were all young and defiant, but you can well inform them and pray they get the message and grow up right.
ps. my father has been a toker all his life. (he kept my hoots for himself) lmao

When I was 16 my mother found my ounce in my pants pocket while doing laundry one summer afternoon. Two of my best buddies were over that day. We were watching TV when mom called me in that "mom" voice, when you know sumthins up! I looked at my friends and they just looked wide eyed and said "uh oh". I walked to the luandry room and thier was mom holding my big, fat ounce bag and said "How long has this been going on?" I said "A couple years. Can I have that back please?" She shocked the jeebers outta me by then saying, "Just don't do it in this house again." and gave me back my weed. I was stunned. Of course, I did smoke in my room, that night.
Both of my own children have had experiences with pot. I've sat and talked to both of them about it. How I feel about it, how I feel about them smoking it or not, WHERE I'd rather they smoked it than not etc. My oldest daughter would go walk with her friends and burn a doobie. I knew it immediately when they got back. Old stoner here. She sort of grew out of it I guess. There war never any pressure from me or here mother to do it or not and she knew/knows that. She's a nurse now and we're expecting our first grand daughter any day now!
My youngest daughter tried pot and decided very quickly she was one of "those certain people" who just can't handle it or like it. She had a bad reaction when she smoked a blunt with a friend of hers. I had to go and get her and bring her home. She got couch locked and the fear and just plain too stoned. That was the last time she smoked pot. When talked about it, I explained what happened to her and that maybe it wasn't for her. She agreed. She recently graduated highschool and is living on her own working as a manager in a small restaraunt. She''s happy and that's the bottom line for me.
I never had to "get the belt" after my kids. Just not my style after having the belt,brush,flipflip,pingpong paddle,switch (hand cut by yours truly),hot wheels track, dress shoe, extention chord and of course the bare hand. You name it I probly got hit by it. I've just been honest with my kids about virtually everything, drugs, alcohol, sex, whatever. When they asked about the noises coming from mommy and daddys room sometimes at night that sounds like were hurting each other :)hubba: ) we told them that we were loving each other and sometimes it's just so good we make noises. They giggled after that i'm afraid, so we got a little quieter.
I've waited till the kids left home to do any serious growing simply for the sake of the traffic teenagers parade in and out of yer house! They know I smoke and they're OK with that. Honesty with yer kids is key I believe. Talking about whatever and being available for talk is MOST important. I don't drink at all so smoking is my only way to get a buzz and I like it.

I have a son who just turned 18. I don't think he is interested in mj or any other drugs for that matter. He had a lot of anti-drug teachings at school, but neverless I haved talked with him about mj and how it actually became illegal and how big brother "plays the game".

I have smoked in the house a few times since he turned 18, but I did'nt before because if something did happen, I could just see LEO turning my own son against me.You know how they do.
And also I did'nt want to portray myself as an everyday smoker-because I am not.
But now by law he is an adult and he can make his own decisions about these things.
As a matter of fact, the other day I offered him a beer.I truly think he is responsible enough and has a good sense of reality.
He turned me down of course.
If he asked me, I'd smoke one with him, and tell plenty of those 70's and 80's stories-LOL
Gb

I have always found just being myself and being there for them when they needed me has been enough.

of course craziness of prohibition was taught to them very young.

I also taught them never ever live your life in fear or guilt. And always put your own well being first.

words dont teach as well as a living example.
All is well and always has been.

I discourage my kids from smoking pot. It's not that I think it's bad, but these days it is almost impossible to get a job when you do. In this area about 95% of employers require a piss test before they will interview you. I dont require them, have actually thought about requiring applicants to fail before hireing.
puff

I have asked my self this question numerous times. Most of the time I was high, but either way. I came to a different conclusion every time. I was originally all about smoking with my kid. I was like "ofcorse I am going to smoke with my child," but then I took a look around at my friends and my life. Realised we wern't getting anywhere really and we smoked every day. I am not saying I am having a problem with smoking weed, or that I think it is bad. I am just saying I wouldn't want to force my kid into a strugle with any drug/substance abuse. And if smoking were to lead to my child doing other drugs, like I did, as well as all of my friends, then No, I don't want to smoke with my child nor do I want them to smoke. Would I be strict about the punishment if they were smoking no. I would just let them know I don't accept it and hope that they didn't find out. But then theres always that side of you want to be honest with you child. I don't know, just glad I am not a father yet. There is a lot of things I wouldn't know what to do ;)

lets update this one... .. what about government? should we sit down with kids and talk about how government works? they like to use the kids againist us...
and will always treat us like fish with no water until things is uncovered.. and all that.... I wouldnt suggest kids to smoke until they are legal age like 18.. or something? most parents I met is pothead and i met their kids, they smokes and the parents told me these kids goes to private school... and their teacher smokes, and that is in my local, I was like impressive! but they do not do at the school yall know what I means? parents paid teacher to teach.. simple as it is and no threats each others, teachers stay hushy from leos, thats is so nice!

As a 20 year old, my parents know I have smoked and still do sometimes and sometimes I will smoke with my father. He is cool with it because he has been doing it his whole life, not so much in his later years though. But my mother has no idea what I do as far as marijuana is concerned. My Dad knows I grow and he is fine with it, happy that I provide my close friends with smoke at zero cost so they don't go to sketchy people, and even cracked a joke about me having a hobby. He really changed his views after having Prostate Cancer when he was 50. He made a full recovery and is healthier than ever with a wicked scar!

Latest posts

Back