This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Rose, real nice. (aka Rosebud, member Double Green Thumb Tribe)

I would like your peeps opinion on this outdoor CindyXpink zella. I know she is stretched but i don't want to top...as I have topped too much and had spindly stems that can't hold their weight.View attachment 006.jpg

The nice pot fairy sent me 4 seeds of LA confidential that are all up and happy.

View attachment 009.JPGView attachment 010.JPGView attachment 011.jpgView attachment 012.jpg

Had an issue with the Good Earth seed starter, seems to work ok for clones but not seeds. Had to transplant these babies sooner than usual and they are now in happy frog/my soil.

Thanks for coming by.

I have a ton of them.. Forgot, so you wouldn't top g13?

wouldn't that just encourage smaller limbs to stretch up in a race to the top? Unless you move the plant the results are going to be the same.

Great idea, thanks. Maybe move her and lst the stuffing right out of her.

pinch em too rose.
dunno if you've ever implemented this technique, but you basically squeeze them along the stem/stalk to get them to bulk up (is a little intimidating, as you hear the light crunch the first time ;))
someone can/will explain it better than me ;)

be warned though; it's C99.. not a whole lot you can do to avoid it's vine-like structure IMO.. pinch it, and stake/cage it up good.
is gonna be pretty gnarly though, with so much time left eh. (will you transplant, i hope?)

:)

Kaotik, it is c99 x pink zella...pink mama was huge. Do you want me to put her in the ground. The c99 i have grown before didn't get huge. I know just what you mean,and I had forgotten that. The main stems you do that on, do they start growing again? I will do that and as G13 said, some lst. Talk to me kaotik. love getting advice.

yeah they'll grow fine.. they wilt over a bit at first, but they'll be stronger in the long run. (well depending how hard you pinch i guess ;))
i don't really do it to the main. more all the side branches that have come up spindly.
i have to do this on my apollo too.

*i have had weird.. lumps on them from this before.. where i might have applied too much pressure maybe? was like they just got crazy burly there, had a big fat spot on the stem :eek:

pinch em a bit, push em around, rough em up.. hopefully she'll burl up :)

and yeah; i was thinking with what, 3 months veg left? she might be a bit huge for that pot. ;)

Great idea, thanks. Maybe move her and lst the stuffing right out of her.
Now that kind of talk gets my ears perkin' :D

I just pinched all the stringbean tops on one of the nurse larry tonight. I'd get down with the lst and pinch too. I've been leaning away from topping. Fim once or twice early, then stop. This is my first pinching all the tops like that, and it is kinda weird hearing that crackle. Waiting to see how it takes on the two that I did before doing any more.
Love checking in on the garden my friend ;)

Update: crappy with a chance of bugs.

So I have had flying ants that stunted one of my LA Confidential's.. I have had thrip that is not responding, I have slugs on my girls in the dirt... other than that rosebud is kicking it. NOT. And I can't get my pic's to load... mr rb did some upgrade..:confused2: Be back with pics.

Very sorry to hear this Mrs :( Hope all works out for you sooner than later.

i'm sure you'll get er under control rose
i'm always battling something OD here too (thrips few years a go, aphids last couple, and i just found a massive white fly infestation on my fruit tree *thought it was Powder mildew it was so white :eek:)

i use slug bait and neem *though many here frown on neem.
oh and get some mint to plant nearby.. something about it, the ants don't like (i used it to try to stop the buggers from free ranging their aphids on my plants ;))

what's life without a few trials though eh? ;)

my grow is a mess ATM too. had to have surgery, so that kinda made my early run a little FUBAR. have one re-vegging on me now.. that's a kicker (don't even know what to do with it now) lotsa pretty sad looking plants, and no real plan what i'm going to do..
but i'll overcome.. all part of the fun ;)

did you try to rough em up at all? have they responded well from their abuse atleast?
keep yer chin up.
:)

Rose hang in there, you'll get them licked. The girls overall look great, your picky like me, I want everything perfect, all the time when it comes to my girls....anything less than that is frustrating to me.

Latest posts

Back