225's WW, Crystal, and Ice grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

225smokestack

Hey ya'll. This is my 2nd grow. First didn't go so well. Didnt do much reading until I was too far into it. But, I've been on here for a while now reading and asking questions, and I think I have a better setup and a better plan. Anyway, here it is.

I ordered my seeds from m-s.nl. LOVE THEM! At least for my first order. Came very fast and will use them again in the future. I got their Super Strong Pack which included WW, Crystal, Ice, and the 5 freebies they give you.

Setup:
-Homebox S
-400w HPS w/Digital Greenhouse ballast
-Cooltube
-6" Inline Duct Fan for exhaust (160 cfm)
-Oscillating fan on floor for circulation and intake
-MG Organic Choice Mix (mixed in about 40% Perlite)
-MG Organic Choice Nutes 8-0-0 for veg.

Strains:
-White Widow (2)
-Crystal (2)
-Ice (2)
-AfganxMazar (2)

Began germinating these 8 seeds on Feb 25. All show tap root within 48 hrs. I used the paper towel method btw. Put them in soil on Feb 27th evening. Most seedlings popped through soil by March 2nd. And 7 or the 8 are all showing there colors today, March 3rd.

So here we are, up to date. I have a few pics, nothing special right now. Just the beginning stages of what will hopefully be a very good grow for me. Hope you guys enjoy this ride with me.

100_0464.jpg

100_0467.jpg

100_0471.jpg

100_0472.jpg

so with your cool tube you have no type of fans pulling air in and out? is it even cooler then a normal light like that? good luck man looks like u have some serious strands going

Like I said in the PM, I do have an exhaust fan running but it isnt connected to the cooltube with ducting... yet. The temps peak out right at 78 degrees at soil level right now. So yea, it stays pretty cool, but once I bring the tube lower, I will add the ducting so I can get it as close as possible to the tops.

I bought this same pack of seeds.... Started 6 Crystals, culled 2 last night, down to 4 healthy plants including a Tripod which I hope is female..... Gonna start the Ice, and I also got the classic pack, so gonna start some bubblegum with them.

I bought the same pack from the same place, too :D. I also bought blueberry and have 1 each of blueberry, ice and white widow that are 3 weeks into flowering. Good luck and keep us updated.

Just a tiny update. All 8 are through the soil and looking healthy.

Does anyone know how to take clearer pics with the HPS on? Ant certain mode on the camera I shoul use? Thank in advance.

100_0475.jpg

100_0474.jpg

100_0476.jpg

225smokestack said:
Just a tiny update. All 8 are through the soil and looking healthy.

Does anyone know how to take clearer pics with the HPS on? Ant certain mode on the camera I shoul use? Thank in advance.

change your white balance to manual, then adjust until you get a more white or blue hue to your lighting effect, no flash, adjust exposure to compensate for no flash.

Change your light filter also..... Change it to the floro setting or maybe try them all and see which one works best... I have seveal digital cameras, all pocket models and the Nikon coolpix seems to have the best software for light filtering....

Also, make sure to turn on your flash, the white light of the flash will help the hue also.

CasualGrower said:
Change your light filter also..... Change it to the floro setting or maybe try them all and see which one works best... I have seveal digital cameras, all pocket models and the Nikon coolpix seems to have the best software for light filtering....

Also, make sure to turn on your flash, the white light of the flash will help the hue also.

good call on the floro setting, but it depends on what kind of p/s you are using, they dont all nearly look the same it seems. i have a nikon d40, and ive noticed that my cannon p/s is easier to get the right wb, but, in full manual a p/s will never compare!

Thanks! Hopefully I don't mess up these seedlings. I had a problem with that last time, but I think I got it down now. I tend to want to go look and mess with them like twice an hour.

I actually think I over-watered a TAD already, at least on one of them. But think they will be ok.

Yeah, we're basically doing the same grow at the same time. I'll look forward to comparing notes with you over the next three and a half months.

things are looking good..Heres some Mojo :lama: get those Babbies a growing..I like to take my plants out of the HPS to natural light to take pics...i have an Ice in flower and 4 crystal that are over 6 feet tall now..lol..so beware they triple in size in flowewr..lol..Ill :watchplant: and smoke me :bong: thanks for shareing with us

Senior WinstonWolf and I split a seed pack--He's doing Ice and Mazar/Af; I'm doing WW and Crystal, and it's my first attempt at indoors. Here's how I'm looking at 6 weeks and 3 days, been under 12/12 since 03-01-09. Had incredible sexing luck--4 ww all germed, sprouted and were female; 4 crystals germed, 3 made it, 1 was a boy. I've also got a yard dog of unknown heritage, but she's a beaut that came up and branched off oddly by herself. Top left pic is a WW up front and to the right; Crystal back left. Pic on right: Smallest of all is this crystal (biggest is the other crystal???) but really bushy (not george bushie). Lower is same as upper pic--bigger crystal in center; WW on either side. How do you like it so far? Seem to be good seed with an amazing female to male ratio--no complaints.

03-07-09 002.JPG

03-07-09 003.JPG

03-07-09 004.JPG

So its been almost 1 week since they popped through the soil, and 7 seem to be doing just fine. I have one retard plant, that I am gonna give a chance for a lil while longer, but I dunno how it is gonna last.

100_0477.jpg

100_0479.jpg

100_0483.jpg

225smokestack said:
So its been almost 1 week since they popped through the soil, and 7 seem to be doing just fine. I have one retard plant, that I am gonna give a chance for a lil while longer, but I dunno how it is gonna last.

Is your problem child Mazar x Afghan?

They look really nice, wish all mine popped like that. Out of the 4 Crystal I have left going, I think I have at least 3 different Phenos and the Tripod mutant. One plant is really short and bushy, 2 others are a bit taller (kinda strange for this strain) but have different node spacing ratios. and of course the tripod which has decided to go the taller route...

The short bushy one is looking FAB though... I hope its a female.. They will be ready to clone in a week or so, I topped the 3 taller ones to promote some side growth so I can get a branch.

Your plants are looking GREAT!!!!

looks good...and it also looks like you will have your first mercy killing soon..:rofl: IME..those freaks are nothing but troubles. Good luck..and Ill be back:giggle:

winstonwolf said:
Is your problem child Mazar x Afghan?

Actually it is one of my Ice seedlings. I just pulled it, didn't even want to deal with it! Esp since I have 7 good looking ones... for now!

100_0486.jpg

Latest posts

Back