A few questions and mystery spots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BizzyHigh

Club Treasurer
Reaction score
Hello to everyone!

Ok so below I have posted a few pictures the first being my little mini-grow operation I have going on in a small closet. The plant was more of a gift to me more than a project I have been apart of since the beginning. So although I don’t know some exact specifics I would say the little guy is about a month old. At first when it was gifted to me the plant sat out on my balcony for a few weeks getting only natural light. I now have it under a 150-watt HPS light, since Monday, approximately 10 ½ to 11 inches above it. Does this seem to be an appropriate distance from the plant? When I put my hand on the top of the leaves although it was slightly warm it is not hot or burning by any means. I also have a fan that seems to be doing a great job keeping the whole operation cool and pushing air around the closet. I feel good about the whole operation and am having lots of fun watching it grow and learning about the plant but if anyone has suggestions and some helpful insight that would be great!

Ok one last thing. When I put the plant under the light at the beginning of the week after about one day these little, barely noticeable yellow dots appeared on some of the upper leaves, the last picture I posted. I don’t think it is a big deal because the plant seems to still be healthy and growing regularly but if anyone has seen these before and could let me know what they are that would be great. Thanks again!

DSC00175.JPG

DSC00176.JPG

DSC00177.JPG

what kind of soil do you have your plant in that looks like it could be the start of a tiny bit of nute burn although it may be some kind of bug too but other than that id get ready to repot it in something bigger might go for a 3-5 gallon potter or bucket with some drainage holes in it but if your not ready for that id say all looks well man GL on the rest of the grow

that light does look ok at the distance its at really but it may stand to be a bit (2-3") lower this will get more direct lumen light on the plant

bit of overfertilisation but healthy looking just back off on the nutes or if none are being given its just whats in the soil ok.

pkj

parkingjoe said:
bit of overfertilisation but healthy looking just back off on the nutes or if none are being given its just whats in the soil ok.

pkj

Thanks pkj! The soil actually came with those little white guys and to be honest this is my first grow so i didn't really know to much about differings soil types, ect. Would you recommend repotting in something better? Any personal recomendations or preferences?

the little white things are most likely pearlite that is mixed in what ever kind of soil you used and the nute burn is prolly from it too (especially if you used any of the MG line of products) its not much to worry about as of yet as the plant gets bigger it will use up most of whats in there and if you want to tone it down a bit you can "rinse" your soil by watering it and letting it drain and repeting this till the water that comes out the bottom is clear if its brown or piss colored its got lots of nutes already in it

Latest posts

Back