Ailing plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifsixwasnin9

Reaction score
I have two plants in their 5th week of flowering. Last week the bottom leaves became increasingly yellow and the 2nd level was starting to change color so I flushed both plants 4 days ago and I watered yesterday. The yellow started from the veins and not the tips. (I read a thread which was similar to my situation and most advice was to flush so I did that.) Yesterday I noticed that the top levels are starting to turn yellow. I started using Maxibloom 3 weeks ago 2x per week (diluted 100%). (In the veg state I diluted the 20-20-20 fertilizer the same way.) I used epsom salts maybe 7 weeks ago (I read that you only use these once per lifetime.) The pH is around 6.0. What should I do next? And is it possible to lose most leaves and still have the plant continue to flower?

IMG_1237d.jpg

ifsixwasnin9 said:
I have two plants in their 5th week of flowering. Last week the bottom leaves became increasingly yellow and the 2nd level was starting to change color so I flushed both plants 4 days ago and I watered yesterday. The yellow started from the veins and not the tips. (I read a thread which was similar to my situation and most advice was to flush so I did that.) Yesterday I noticed that the top levels are starting to turn yellow. I started using Maxibloom 3 weeks ago 2x per week (diluted 100%). (In the veg state I diluted the 20-20-20 fertilizer the same way.) I used epsom salts maybe 7 weeks ago (I read that you only use these once per lifetime.) The pH is around 6.0. What should I do next? And is it possible to lose most leaves and still have the plant continue to flower?

looks like it jus mite b gettin ready for harvest in a couple weeks.. jus curious is that an auto?

yea man the lower fan leaves usually turn yellow around the last few weeks of flowering. they are taking up all the nutrients from the soil to increase bud production towards the top. Even without those lower fan leaves you plant will still continue to flower.

I haven't noticed any trichomes on the leaves or pistils turning brown, etc. and it looks like there's just a minimal amount of bud on the plants so I figured I had at least another month to go. (Don't know what "auto" is. I'm a newbie.) So I should continue fertilizing until I see some trichomes and flowering starts to slow down? The flowering has been steadily increasing on a daily basis. The tops have been growing the fastest.

ifsixwasnin9 said:
I haven't noticed any trichomes on the leaves or pistils turning brown, etc. and it looks like there's just a minimal amount of bud on the plants so I figured I had at least another month to go. (Don't know what "auto" is. I'm a newbie.) So I should continue fertilizing until I see some trichomes and flowering starts to slow down? The flowering has been steadily increasing on a daily basis. The tops have been growing the fastest.

depending on wut strain u have it could jus b 1 that doesnt start packin on the punch till the end.. i kno the chef was growin some thai skunk or somethin and had pics and it didnt start comin on strong wit the weight or the trichs untill the final weeks.. and auto's are the mj plants that automatically flower when its ready and they are dwarf plants.. go on attitude seeds or any good seedbank and take a look at autos.. def somethin u mite b interested in with your height problem in your grow space

ifsixwasnin9 said:

Auto mean an auto flowering plant. They are plants that genetically flower at the same point no matter what condition they are in or what light cycle they're on. They are usually smaller plant's but start flowering very early usually within a month. Seeing how you are new i'm guessing it's just bag seed which rules out an auto.

The tops will grow the fastest as they are the ones receiving the most light and you should also see your pistils turning the amber color their first.

did you put nutes back in after you flushed? If you didn't you have left your plant with no other choice but to start using it's reserves stored within its self. If your trichs are still clear then you still have some time left. If you would have posted this before you flushed I would have told you to hold off on the flush, that the leaves were just doing there thing. Now that you have flushed your plant has nothing to feed on. You need to give it a feeding of Bloom nutes IMO. I usually wait until I have 10% amber before I do a final flush...so I don't know how you want to do this...you could continue feeding bloom nutes once a week until you see the trichs are turning. Those leaves will not get better, but you may save the rest of them from turning.

Oh yeah...and get your pH between 6.3 and 6.8 (I like 6.5)

I didn't put the nutrients in after I flushed. I didn't know that. I assumed the roots needed a little time to recuperate. The yellowing was increasing and I assumed I over-fertilized. The leaves that have started to yellow will not recover? Is that crucial? They are feminized seeds from attitude. I think the stunted growth is from the short light cycle during vegetation (14-15 hrs.). Thanks.

Regular yellowing leaves are usually a sign of nutrient deficiency and when the leaves start curling by the tip and begin to brown and burn away you have feed too much nutrients. Read some of the posts and stickies in the sick plant forum to help tell between everything.

Just keep feeding it bloom food. The buds should keep growing. I've seen worse.

Latest posts

Back