ann's lowryder2's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey ann...looking Great Girl...i would like to say that I am a Lover of Perlite...and your soil does say perlite in it...I would add more...heres why...Later on when roots are growing strong, we want them to get plenty of oxygen...I am concerned about Drainage.....Does it drain well ? How long does it take for the water to run out the bottom?..? Does it pool on top of container.? sorry for all the questions but Like Thorn we are just looking out for you and your Girls...try and catch thing before they get bad..Mojo for the Grow....

And..Good aftoon here..lol..

KEEP M GREEN

hey 4u2smoke

thanks hun,, ok now into urs ?'s i went and test it after reading this early and its drains just fine and it drain pretty fast to i would have to say time wise it toke about 1 to 2 mins for all the water to be gone from the top,,,, ok now what i saw and not sure how to fix it,,,when i did the water thing the dirt went down a whole alot like a half the pot,, you know how big the plant is i cant add the dirt from the top so what is the way to be able to get the dirt in there????

annscrib said:
hey 4u2smoke

thanks hun,, ok now into urs ?'s i went and test it after reading this early and its drains just fine and it drain pretty fast to i would have to say time wise it toke about 1 to 2 mins for all the water to be gone from the top,,,, ok now what i saw and not sure how to fix it,,,when i did the water thing the dirt went down a whole alot like a half the pot,, you know how big the plant is i cant add the dirt from the top so what is the way to be able to get the dirt in there????

Let her dry out and put some paper over soil around stalk...hold the soil and stalk in palm of hand..Hold upside down..should slide out..hold the root ball whilee you fill the container half way with soil or straight up perlite...hope this helps

Agree agree agree, perlite is very good. I mix that and vermiculite with my compost/soil to make my grow medium and the plants seem to thrive on it :)

Those babies look on target for there ages ann. I am in the drying phase (small harvest) of a lowryder that I did a personal day by day grow journal on so I have pictures of every day of its growth (bar 3 as I was high :D) so I just had a look comparing yours to mine at a week and 4 days old and they are fine :D you will do very well with this one me dear!

hiya guys and gals

well these plants are looking so good,,,, my main worry with them is that tropical storm fay,,, we are very close if not in that cone i hope like hell that she stays away from here,,,, BUT now if we do get hit to where i lose my power could i put them outside? till my power does come back,,, will that stress them to much????

4u2smoke and thorn i get the hint :giggle: when i get paid on tues. ill pick some up then,,,,, does it matter what kind?

the 1st 2 pics are the 8 day old and the 3rd , 4th is the 5 day old

lowryder1.jpg

lowryder1 1.jpg

lowryder2.jpg

lowryder2 1.jpg

yeah you can put them outside ..just depends on where you live..my out door stuff is flowering allready..I read that you could use a Flash light...Buy a bunch of Batteries I suppose..altho MJ needs min Lumes I would thing that in a pinch plant will see light ...may get a bit of the stretch...IDK...Im just a guy that gets High..lol..and Glad to hear you will add some perlite..and no it doesnt mater what kind..You will be a Lover of the stuff as well...Did You know that Hick went back and changed his soil cloneing sticky....Now it says clone in straight up perlite...Much easier..for me anyways...Give it a try when you clone these Babies..

Is that the camera that is making fans look yellow?...Im afrade I am starting to dislike that soil....Not to scare you Girl but they Should be GREENER..IMO....But then again Im real stoned right now...and forgot where I was going with this....Ill check back with you Later ann...Have a Great Night

hehehehe 4u2smoke been there done that know all about getting lost when high

but i think i know where you had might been going,,,, awhile back i had asked how you would know when a plant is hungry and puffin told when the leaves are turing yellow,,, i know thorn had said something to,,,, so i went in there and gave them a little food well i'll see if that helps thanks for being it to my
attention

i had asked how you would know when a plant is hungry and puffin told when the leaves are turing yellow
Your ph could be off too. I doubt if they would be hungry at the age they are. Whats your ph like?

bombbudpuffa said:
Your ph could be off too. I doubt if they would be hungry at the age they are. Whats your ph like?

thanks bbp i went check it and it is real high i also made another thread in the sick and problems,.,,,, the leaves are getting more yellow i hope i can get this fix before i lose it the 2nd plant is still ok right now

the 1st pic is 9 days old and the 2nd 3rd pic its 6 days old

lowryder1.jpg

lowryder2.jpg

lowryder2 1.jpg

So your plants are turning more yellow because the PH is too high? (Excuse the pun, LOL:p) What are you going to do to lower the PH?

at first I thaught you was playN with camera, when I seen the pics..run and get some vinagar...1 tsp/gallon water..this will help bring it down...I answered same in your other post...what water are you useing? I only use Distilled..My Tap is off the charts and even if left out ph 8...distilled water is worth the reward...Maybe thats why I have had Great Begginers Luck...Disstilled water is Neutral..Hope you get this resolved..

EDIT: ann...when you get the perlite on tuesday..after doing above tonight...tomarrrow when you get the perlite..mix that soil you have one 2 one....so when you dig them up use mayB a dixxy cup to hold them while you mix...take a clean 5 gallon bucket and pour on container of soil in it, the fill container with perlite, and pour that in 5 gal.. stir in well...I also use a 1/4 inch square chicken wire to screen mine...but yours looks to be a bit of wood chips in it...I still am not liking the soil..But after the adding of perlite I feel you will get a handle on them...keep me informed..

KEEP M GREEN

Sorry to hear Ann.. You will fix it thats for sure

cuy103 said:
So your plants are turning more yellow because the PH is too high? (Excuse the pun, LOL:p) What are you going to do to lower the PH?​

yes..
Fallow instructions...mayB

pH n. measure of relative acidity/base of a substrate, such as water or soil, on a scale of 1-14. A pH of 6.5-7.0 is optimal for water and soil to be used for cannabis cultivation. pH is measured with digital meters and strips and can be altered with the addition of more or less acidic admixtures.

IMO...potting mixes that are not Organic use to much peat moss..(HIGH ) in PH..and even tho I use Organic I still mix in a ton Of perlite..and feel This would help ann's problm..

ann...just spoke to my Father he is Battin down the Hatches:eek: close to you.. be safe Girl

:woohoo:

Word of advice... flush those buckets of soil out real good with tons of water and im sure they will perk up real lush soon after!

:eek: so i got the wrong dirt then:eek: i got that from lowes,,,,, should i buy new dirt or just work with what i have ,,,,, i was thinking if i have to buy more dirt im going to get it from home depot and not sure if this is going to be a problem but that is all ready real wet,,, so if i do this flushing and all its not going to hurt them will it

I would flush the soil when plants are not in..work with what you have ann..just do perlite with it...and in the future I would buy Organic potting soil...you dont want to drown them..I have said enough of what I would do..Good luck and KEEP M GREEN

ok 4u2smoke ill work on that when i get off of work and hope dad is ok as well ,,,,,for now we are safe that cone move far away(im in the panhandle) just wondering whatis going to happenn when it makes it 3rd landfall

Latest posts

Back