Anyone growing in the southeast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austintm1991

Reaction score
im in georgia and was wondering what people around me what kind of strains your planting and when you plant and when you harvest and such. This will be my first grow and its strictly outdoors except for the germination part. any help would be apreciated. keep rollin

Hi there austin. Good to have you here on MP. Make sure to take a good look around in the forums and read, read, read. That will answer most of the basic question that you may have. I hope to see you around the forums sometime. Take care and be safe.

welcome to GA austin :ciao: welcome to MP!

are you in the blue ridge or farther down?

Hey neighbor, glad to have ya about...you can grow just about any strain in your neck of the woods ;)

I just started my grow in the lower South East. Any info would be much appreciated.

well i know the area pretty well, about any indica or a longer flowering sativa will do well. if your in an area that recieves alot of moisture, a mold resistant strian would be better. if your near the coast for example. important thing is water soil and sun. make sure the holes are admented well with good drianage, they get enough water and plenty of sun :)

clones are a better way to go but seeds will be more of a pain.

goodluck!

^^^ What he said. And its good to have a fellow outdoor GA grower. I have been strictly outside buy am doing a small outdoor grow in my part of the Peach State. Good luck and here is some MOJO

I also have a few more questions. I plan to grow in my back yard where conditions are very good. Good soil, light, vegetation, etc. Its a small grow consisting of 2 AK-47 seeds, 2 funk seeds, and 5 unknown. I'm planting them in their respective plots which leads to my question(s). How deep/wide should three small plots be. What N-P-K ratio's should I start and finish with and for mulch should I use shredded oak leaves or pine bark mulch. why doesn't my question mark work too, thats annoying. Looking for any helpful advice in Florida.

i wouldnt worry about adding nutes right now, just dig each hole 2X2 or 3X3 if you can and adment every hole with mushroom compost, cow manure, perlite, a good soiless mix and doomite limes thats been powdered. u can make compost teas for fertilizers with any extra medium you have left.

Everything is looking good now. Do you prefer a soluble or dry fertilizer. Ive been looking at some Fox Farms Products. I think I can work that into the budget if its for the best. If not, what could I get from Lowes or Wal mart that would suffice.

well im in tenessee and for my out door grow i just use the soil that is there but i prep the soil i work it up good and add hot lime and worm castings also i water with flora nova veg grow nuts three times a week hope this will help o ya i also lst and i usualy get about a quarter to a half pound per plant when flowering time comes i use kool bloom 3 three times a week good luck

yes this does help me, thank you. You feed them 3 times a week is that correct. it seems like a lot.

depends on the plant, size of plant (age) and dosage. when there bigger, yes....seedlings fed three times a week- no.

well they have been lsted and they are about 4 feet tall and as big around as they are tall and the plants are blueberry/skunkn1 and white skunk

Would I be straight with Earth Juice Grow and FF Big Bloom for the Veg/Flower nutes/ Has anyone used both or either of these and with what success.

I have been watching my weather pretty closely and noticed that my temperature and humidity are about 10-15 degrees and 10-20% above what is considered optimal for mj. What effects might occur because of this. I'm thinking stretchy plants and smaller buds. Is this right possibly.

Latest posts

Back