Big bang 2nd grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water, sugar and yeast... just in a plastic bottle? This sounds interesting... I would like to know how much CO2 this develops.. I might try that one of these days. Any info on the amount of sugar vs yeast and how often should the mix be changed?

You would have 1 part yeast, 10 parts sugar and 100 parts of water in something big, like 20L. This will create c02 for about 5 days. But, this is not necessary if you got decent ventilation in your space. But if you grow like in a fridge, wich i have seen, it is vital.

Did a quick research, c02 levels where i live are about 200 ppm, this method raises it to about 400-500. If you can get them to 1500 you will see a really big difference. But then you need more light, otherwise the plant can't benefit from the extra c02. You would also like to raise your temps, but this is rarely a problem in growspaces:).

Disclaimer: take numbers with a pinch of salt.

So, the best and easiest way to provide c02 seems to be a fan and a good exhaustfan and a passive intake, at least for small grows.

Then again, i've never tried it, just read about it. But when you look around in this forum, there are very few people messing with extra c02, and they seem to know what they are doing.

Any chance of new pics? Take care/
k

I think I might just try the co2 thing today.. I hope I'll also get my fan today.

Here are some more pictures.. Look how dense the BB-ladies are growing.

My co2 recipe:

About 1½ liter of water
50 gram of yeast
250 gram of sugar

Edit: Got my new fan today.. A bit loud, but I'll live.

Day 028 - 1.jpg

Day 028 - 2.jpg

Day 028 - 3.jpg

Day 028 - 4.jpg

Day 028 - 5.jpg

Day 028 - 6.jpg

Day 028 - 7.JPG

As you can see I'm still vegging, and my plants are doing great. Look at my little nemesis also growing bigger.. I'll have to start flowering soon with the BB or I'll run into problems with space.

Day 032 - 1.jpg

Day 032 - 2.jpg

Day 032 - 3.jpg

Day 032 - 4.jpg

I've now started flowering.. I know the nemesis is a little bit behind, but I don't really have another solution, so I'll put her into flowering as well even though she is a bit small. I switched to my 400 watt HPS system, and they are now on 12/12. Enjoy the pictures.

Day 36 - 01.jpg

Day 36 - 02.jpg

Day 36 - 03.jpg

Day 36 - 04.jpg

Day 36 - 05.jpg

Day 36 - 06.jpg

Ah, looking very good. Those plants will fill up your cab perfectly when stretch is over i think. Any oppinions on the c02 enrichment? Just curious.

Your cab looks a lot like mine. What size is it? Temps? CFM on exhaust? I'm running a 250w hps with a 180 m3/h exhaust (about 80 cfm i believe, a bit stoned so i might be wrong...) and temps stay under 28c if the weather don't freak out. Have been thinking of a cooltube, but can't find one that fit. Could i manage without one and without bying new exhaustsystem?

kebnekajse said:
Ah, looking very good. Those plants will fill up your cab perfectly when stretch is over i think. Any oppinions on the c02 enrichment? Just curious.

Actually I think it might work so some extent. Maybe it is more psychological as I can see the bubbling process. But my plants do look very healthy and quite strong. I pour out 1 liter of water every 4-5 days and replace it with new sugar water. I can smell the alcohol in the water, and see the bubbles. But I don't think the difference is very significant. However it does have one nice side effect: it reduce the smell of my plants greatly, or maybe replace it with a smell of yeast and alcohol.

The exhaust fan is about 100 m3 per hour... don't know what that is in cfm. Actually I don't know about my other fan, but it is a honeywell ht 800. I always keep it on the lowest setting due to the noise issue. I don't really know the temps, but I always open up a couple of times a day to stick my hand in and feel how hot it is, and I believe it is somewhere between 25-30 degrees when the light is on. It tends to build up a bit in the top of the cabinet, so in the evening I sometimes leave the door open for 10 minutes to let out the hot air.

The cabinet measures 50 x 50 x 165 cm inside. I hope it is enough space

Oh and about the cooltube.. You still need a fan right? It is just so you can move the lights closer to the plants.. I would think the money is better spent on an exhaust system.

I had to pick off some of the lower leafs today, as they had turned yellow or brown. It was not a lot only like 4-5 leafs on each of the BB ladies. I think they died due to lack of light under these very bushy plants. Is this normal?

A little bit of info. The 3 biggest plants are feminized Big Bang from Green House Seed. The last plant is a feminized Nemesis from Seedsman.

RiskyPack said:
I had to pick off some of the lower leafs today, as they had turned yellow or brown. It was not a lot only like 4-5 leafs on each of the BB ladies. I think they died due to lack of light under these very bushy plants. Is this normal?

Nothing to worry about as long as it'sonly a few. They yellow all through flowering. Some people claim that the leafs don't get yellow if you stick with vegnutes 1-2 weeks of 12/12. And i agree to some extent.

Ok , if you can handle a 400w, then i should too. Might borrow from a friend before actually bying one. He has some major issues with his cab atm, so nothing is growing in there and will not be for quite a while.

I'll post new pictures for you tomorrow. I got in a bit late today, and the lights are already off. And I really don't want to stress my plants into hermies. I saw a great documentary the other day on youtube called strain hunters. I would highly recommend all of you to see this, if you would like to see some serious ganja farmers

Still no signs of preflowers. The BB ladies are getting a bit stretchy and are sidebranching like crazy. I'm beginning to think this plant is not really suitable for a closet grow. I really likes space, and is shadowing itself in my small space. As for the Nemesis, I'm really amazed how it has caught up with the others, and she is actually looking as the most vigorous and greenest of them all.

Day 41 - 01.jpg

Day 41 - 02.jpg

Day 41 - 03.jpg

Day 41 - 04.jpg

Day 41 - 05.jpg

Day 41 - 06.jpg

RiskyPack said:
Still no signs of preflowers. The BB ladies are getting a bit stretchy and are sidebranching like crazy. I'm beginning to think this plant is not really suitable for a closet grow. I really likes space, and is shadowing itself in my small space. As for the Nemesis, I'm really amazed how it has caught up with the others, and she is actually looking as the most vigorous and greenest of them all.

Yeah, it's going to get big. But i think it's allright to wait a week more or so, then trim away lower branches that won't be in the light. You'll be fine.

I just discovered these goodies today, I thought I would share it with you. There were preflowers on 2 of the BB.

Day 42 - 01.JPG

Day 42 - 02.JPG

I usually water the plants 2 times a week. Last week I tried to nute them in both waterings, and one of my BB ladies didn't respond very well. She has started hanging a bit, and I think it is too much nutes. So I flushed her 2 days ago and this week I'll go back to the normal schedule with nutes only once a week. I hope she didn't take any permanent damage.

Nutes once a week is what most people recomend. And if you overfed them a flush will do the trick, so you are safe. But too much nutes result in burns on the leafs, it actually looks burned on the edges, so i wonder if it really is overfeeding that is your problem. Hanging leafs is usually over/underwatering or heat in my experience. But i could be wrong, as usuall.

Take car/
k

Latest posts

Back