cadlak's Super Skunk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick update. If anyone read my other thread they know I am battling PH and getting sick of it! Some of the original leaves at the bottom look bad due to ph mishap early on but all the new growth looks great and they are growing great.

I think I am going to take your advice 4u2smoke and just start buying water, thank you btw, especially if I can buy it in larger but still mobile amounts, something like 5 gallons per container would be perfect, that way I could adjust it once and then just fill smaller containers for when I need nutes. Even though I hate walmart and have not shopped their for years, they are the only ones I know of that do a water exchange like this, anyone know of any other locations?

I am growing in an old shower in my basement that was no longer used. It has two outside walls that are both underground so the temps stay really mild year round, plus it has a drain already so it was perfect. I have painted the walls flat white but I want mylar for the entrance to the shower to cover my make shift door, should have done this a long time ago. I am fortunate to live within driving distance to a brick and mortar HTG supply, so I'll be going there this weekend to pick up a few things.

Here's a few pics, nothing excited but in a week or two I will have something interesting to show.

DSCN0622.JPG

DSCN0623.JPG

So as I've said several times I was having some major PH issues. I have been working hard to correct this and am extremely pleased with the results. All the old growth that was damaged is obviously not going to fix itself but all the new growth looks really good and they are growing fast now.

Pic 1 is all of them. The one on the bottom right looks the worst.

Pics 2 and 3 are the same plant that was hurt the worst, but you can see how good the new growth looks.

You can still see the damage on the plant in pic 4 but the new growth is really exploding.

Pic 5, 6, and 7 are the same plant. She is my favorite, she's short, compact, really nice looking stem, and she sustained no damage. I'm guessing she's really resilient and can tolerate extremes. You can see in the last pic another plant in the same bag that did get damaged. I'm hoping to eventually clone her and maybe keep her as a mother!

DSCN0624.JPG

DSCN0625.JPG

DSCN0626.JPG

DSCN0627.JPG

DSCN0628.JPG

DSCN0629.JPG

DSCN0630.JPG

Glad to hear you got your PH issues sorted out cadlak. How long do you plan to veg these for?

My PH problem is not sorted out, but I just won a battle and will win the war. I try to keep my PH as close to 6.6 as possible, but as long as it is in between 6.3 and 6.8 it's in the safe zone. All soil growers should shoot for this range in veg and flower.

I don't know how long I'm going to veg for. I'll probably switch them soon because of the shared bags, worried about root space, but I'm thinking about killing the worst of the two in each shared bag, depending on how many females I get, then I might switch back to veg for a little longer. I have a few things I'm considering and will let everyone know as soon as I figure it out.

Thank you to all that have stopped by so far.

I went out over the weekend and got a few things. Nothing exciting. Dirt, perlite, lime, mylar.

I've pinched and folded the plants over several times, it's unbelievable how fast they stand back up and how thick the stems are getting. I hate when I bend them over how I can see all those leaves that were damaged early on, it's tempting to pluck them off, but I know better.

DSCN0631.JPG

DSCN0636.JPG

DSCN0637.JPG

DSCN0638.JPG

DSCN0639.JPG

DSCN0640.JPG

DSCN0641.JPG

I've decided I'm going to let these veg for a while longer, I have enough room to let them grow, so I will. I need to spread the bags apart some though. I'm not in a big hurry to finish these. Last time I grew it, it stayed fairly short and squat anyways. If the ones sharing bags end up being both female I can transfer into a larger container, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Three of the plants have some burned looking leaves from early on, my ph issues, but even these have grown bigger and have no new damage. I'm glad I didn't pluck them. Here's some pics just taken.

DSCN0642.JPG

DSCN0643.JPG

DSCN0645.JPG

DSCN0648.JPG

hey cadlak with those plants you've got potted together. If you end up with one male one female and you pull the male, will there be any root issues from doing that? Or are you just going to chop it and leave the root sytem in place?

cadlakmike1 said:
I know I always say not to let anyone in on your grow, but this is my partner in crime. He doesn't smoke, but helps me every step of the way...He is also head of security!

That's one nasty dog there!:hubba: cheff of security:holysheep:

Thanks for stopping by, good question. Definitely not going to try to remove any roots, just going to chop it down and leave the roots in place. If I run into rootbound issues I will transfer the whole thing(without separating the two)to a large tub.

So I had promised something exciting would be coming along and today is the day. This may not be that exciting to some of you but it is to me, I am going to add an autoflower grow to this. I have some Lowryder2 seeds from .nl that have just sprouted, 5 for 5 sprouted. They sent me 11 instead of 6! Guess I'm just lucky.

Anyways, the main reason I want to do this is to make some Lowryder2 seeds for my next grow. Once I identify my best female and male they will be removed and allowed to make sweet sweet love. I've heard several people say that all of their seeds retained the autoflower quality, I want to try it. I will then plant these in several places out side this summer and probably do one indoor grow with them.

DSCN0634.JPG

DSCN0649.JPG

DSCN0650.JPG

DSCN0652.JPG

DSCN0654.JPG

Wow, your plants look really healthy. Ph problms all fixed I'm assuming? If you crossbreed the lr and the super skunk, that will probably be some super killer dope. I wish you good luck sir, that will be a strain worth noting I'm sure!

Thanks for stopping by, I have no intentions of crossing the skunk with L2 until I have several rooms and can do proper breeding. I just plan on chucking some pollen at a L2 from a L2 this go around.

I appreciate the compliment on the healthy looking plants, I try to make them as happy as possible but ph is a constant battle for me. This Super Skunk is pretty resilient after the first few weeks, it also stays pretty short and has very little stretch when going to 12/12, which I really like. I've never vegged it longer than a month though so we'll see what happens. It will eat whatever you throw at it, I'm already feeding one and a half times of what fox farms calls for and have seen no burning. I would strongly recommend this strain to anyone that likes indica's, especially beginners, as long as they are patient and willing to let it finish flowering which takes a really long time.

If you look in the pics you can still see the damaged lower leaves from early on but there's really nothing you i can do about that. I am going to invest in a RO system this summer and hopefully that will really help with my tap water problems.

looks nice ;) just dropped in. lol you almost already have my leaf count matched hahahaha

edit: didnt see there was a second page til now, never mind your leaf count just skyrocketed. damn nice grow so far, ill be on the journal now and then, i wonder what youll get out of them, and good luck with your breeding

Thanks for stopping by. I won't be breeding, I just plan on pollinating one female. Breeding involves multiple generations and back breeding and all sorts of stuff I won't be doing. I just want more seeds from the L2.

ah ic. well you updated my dictionary. lol. good thing too, bc i thought about later on breeding white widow with some Hawaiian snow. that would be amazing.

Nothing wrong with crossing strains, actually that first generation usually comes out really well, but there is very little consistency from plant to plant. We have a great resource here on this site with tons of information on breeding. You should check it out.

mike my grow is identical to yours. same lights, ballast, (htgsupply) and all the same nutes. i max mine out with the nutes, and then some. the only difference is i have used distilled water from the get go. and guess what, never burned them or had and problems. they are huge too, check em out sometime.
oh and yeah i have never owned a ph tester. i really have had no need to since i have had no problems over three weeks in flower now. Deffinately go with buying distilled water my friend. they will love you and will greatly relieve some stress for ole dad

Just a quick update. I'm hoping the skunks will show sex sooner than later, I'd like to get rid of the males and let the remaining females spread out a little.

I'm really not sure what I expected from the lowryders but they seem small to me. I guess being they only live 8-10 weeks I'd thought they'd be bigger after a week.

I'm also not happy because I have once a year preventative maintenance done on my house for termites. Well the guy coming tomorrow so my entire grow room has to be tore down tonight. I don't have to rip down mylar because the grow room is painted flat white but all the plants need to be relocated along fans, lights, vents, and supplies. Ten minutes before the lights go out I moved them to a spare bedroom and they will be left in total darkness until tomorrow at some point after the guy leaves. I figure this is the way to prevent as much stress as possible. They will be in dark longer than six hours but it will be uniterupted darkness and then by tuesday they will be back on there regular light schedule.

DSCN0686.JPG

DSCN0687.JPG

DSCN0688.JPG

DSCN0689.JPG

DSCN0690.JPG

that sucks about the termite deal, but better to be safe than sorry.

plants are looking real nice though. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back