cadlak's Super Skunk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've decided I'm going to switch the lights in one more week. The tallest skunk is already just over 2 foot! Some of the plants furthest from the center of the room have stretched a little but most are really short little compact bushes. There is only a few inches difference between the tallest and the shortest. I don't think I mentioned this before but they have all been repeatedly pinched and all have been topped once. I can't imagine how tall they would be if I had never topped them.

Like I said before I was really hoping they would show sex by now so that the females could have a little more room, I definitely have more plants than I want right now. I'll post more pics before I switch the lights over.

my two smallest havnt shown sex yet and theyve been under 12 12 for more than 2 weeks. before it was on 24 7.
so what is your light schedule now?
not 24/7 right?

I'm on a 24 hour on light schedule but marijuana will show sex under any light schedule once the plants reach a certain level of maturity. These plants are just over a month old and I was hoping some would show sex by now. Like I said next Sunday I'm going to switch to my HPS and go on 12/12.

hey mike, your plants are extremely beautiful. if mine smells i can only imagine how much more dank your smell is. quick question how come my strain shows more sativa than indica? only one of my super skunk plant looks more indica.

cannabis037 said:
hey mike, your plants are extremely beautiful. if mine smells i can only imagine how much more dank your smell is. quick question how come my strain shows more sativa than indica? only one of my super skunk plant looks more indica.

Not sure. Where did yours come from? I got mine from marijuana-seeds.nl. I know that super skunk is a cross between skunk#1 and afghani. The site I got mine from says it is an 80/20 mix mostly indica.

cool, I'm exited to see these bushes put into flower. I wish you luck with the females!

Ok so I'm really happy tonight. I ph'd my water to 6.6 and the runoff came out in all the plants between 6.5 at the lowest and 6.7 at the highest. As any of you that have been following know I have been struggling with PH from day one. I do every grow. I've had huge swings from bag to bag previously but now that all the plants are on the same page it will make watering so much easier, not having to adjust each jug of water separately for each bag.

Two of the plants have stayed really short and bushy and show more dominant indica traits than the others. These two plants have shown no damage at all while the others have some minor leaf damage. Even two plants in the same bag, one was damaged the other looks perfect. The damage that was done overall to the plants isn't really bad, I think it bothers me more seeing it than it bothers the plant. Most of the damage occurred early on but a little has still appeared here and there. Money is a little tight for me right now but as soon as my situation improves I am buying a RO system, 100% sure about that. They're not nearly as expensive as I thought, I just don't really have any disposable income presently. I think I'm going to sell a junk car I have for scrap and use that money for the system.

I'm not happy with my humidity. It stay between high 30's to low 40's but I want to keep it above 40 always and actually get it closer to 50. It's crazy how much conflicting information you will find on humidity if you do some searches. One grow guide I was reading recommended keeping your rh at 90%:holysheep: I have read about people placing wet towels in there grow room to raise humidity but I'm worried about mold, even though I do have plenty of moving air. I've also read about people placing buckets of water with a fan in front of it but I don't want an open container of water just laying around(I'd probably knock it over!). So I'm going to buy a cheap humidifier this weekend. I'm going to get a cold air one because I could afford for my temps to be a little lower. In the peak of summer my room can get up to 83 or so, not really bad but a little cool mist in the air should get it to about perfect. Even though I read tons of threads on humidity and ideal numbers I'd be interested to hear if any of you have actually logged comparisons and noticed any changes with different numbers.(within reason, I don't need to hear about plants drying out with rh at 10%, or bud rot with super high rh.)Did anyone notice big changes between say 40 going to 50 or 50 going to 60, you get my drift.

:bong: I'm crazy high right now and just rambling away. I was just really excited about my ph and over did the celebratory hits!

ive never really thought about my humidity yet.
i got a humidifier downstairs somewhere.
whats an RO system guy
sounds dope
congrats on the PH

RO system is a reverse osmosis system. It's the best home water filtration system available. I haven't looked into one for the entire house but I am going to install one on my main faucet in the kitchen. It removes all sorts of contaminants from the water and that alone will really help to stabilize PH. Plus the water tastes about 100 times better.

I keep my humidity at 75 in veg, i seem too always get mights and the high humidity really makes it easy to battle them.

The lights have been changed. Everything is going good.

The auto's have some odd growth, or maybe it's normal, I don't know. If you look at the first picture of the auto's you can see the plant has grown one large leaf. :confused2:

DSCN0694.JPG

DSCN0695.JPG

DSCN0692.JPG

DSCN0693.JPG

looking good alright,
i try to keep the rh as low as i can,!
with a high and low level fans.
i dont think 90% rw will do you any favours!
take a look at my grow!

Thanks for stopping by swiftgt. I have no plans of letting my rh get that high, I was just saying that one grow guide I read through during my research was advocating it. I'm happy with where my rh is now, high 40's to mid 50's.

yea theres alot of conflicting information,
it drives you mad when your under pressure and you need to make the right decision for your plants sake!
yea 40-50rh sounds good.
so when are you going to flower them?

The lights were switched yesterday. I'm hoping for one male from both strains. I want a Skunk male so I can kill it and make room for the rest of the ladies to spread out a little. I want a male from the Lowryder2 to make seeds. I know 12/12 isn't ideal for auto's but I really don't care about the yield from them, I'm more concerned with making seeds. I have a lot of experiments I plan on doing with the future generation autos in the near future.

well best of luck with the sex's!
so what type of experiments are we talking about here?!
it would be intresting to isolate the autoflowering gene and cross with somthing like bigbud or another heavy producer,
to get a autoflowering plant that can take 24h of light and not be a drawf.

I'll get more into what experiments I plan on doing when the time comes.

So far out of my autos I have 2 males 2 females and one that I'm not sure yet. On my other plants I have 3 definite females(believe it or not, my 3 tallest biggest plants! How weird.), I killed one male today that helped me with a joke thread, I still have 2 more that I'm not quite sure about but I think it's one female one male, I'll be sure in a day or two. I'll post pics when I have something exciting to show.

Can't wait to see how the L2 turns out. I've been thinking of trying a few myself this summer, as I really have too short of an outdoor grow season for anything else. I also have too small of a grow room to fill it up with small plants, but I imagine if you nursed them and set the grow room up for them specifically a guy could yeild ok?

I've been really bad about keeping up with this journal. I'll take some pics when the lights are on and get them up later.

I have two different phenotypes in the super skunk. My two tallest plants both ended up being female. I then have a third one that is short and has wider leaves, (which looked like all the males) none of the leaves ever turned yellow and i'm really happy with it. It took the early PH abuse like a champ. I think i'm going to try to reveg it and take clones, it will eat whatever i throw at it with no burning. I really wished I would have taken clones but I wasn't planning on doing another grow for a while, but i don't want to let this one plant go. I guess It will also depend on how good the smoke is, whether or not I keep her.

I ended up with 2 females from the L2, everything looks good and I'm happy with the progress.

Latest posts

Back