Choping some leave the rest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRGnzo

Reaction score
Is it possible to trim the mature buds and leave the under growth going longer?
:confused:

It's the only way I harvest. Some plants it seems to make a difference- others none at all (as far as trich maturity and smoke effect). The growth difference in my experience though has been minimal.

The rule of thumb is no more than 1/3 at a time and that is what many respectable growers (like The Hemp Goddess above) go by. I've done more (up to 2/3 on one chop) and the plant survived for weeks until I finished harvesting (I get lazy sometimes).

Good luck to you.

LOL...BB! I get lazy sometimes to...especially when I haven't worked in 3 months!

I harvest in sections sometimes, and sometimes I take the whole thing and just use all the lower stuff in bubble bags...but I prefer to leave the lower stuff under the light a little bit longer, when they get all the light from the top buds being removed, they seem to pack on a little more resin. I don't know if there is any proof to this, but in my mind it is...lol

thank you hemp goddess and others I left a good amount of vegatation,but you guys said they wont pick up much size thou but more resin?

The lower bud sites that were not recieving light before, will mature somewhat after removing the bigger stuff that was blocking the light. Don't expect alot of growth, but I think thet do grow a little depending on when you chop the other stuff...resin production should increase on them to with light now reaching them. Just don't expect a whole lot from it.

thank you LF thats what I was afraid of lol cheers all

Latest posts

Back