Diesel Ryder 400w grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

growkindnugs

Hey everybody, this is my first grow in several years. I constructed a pretty ghetto setup in the corner of my spare bedroom, but I'm pretty sure it's going to work. I've used this same design many times with great success. I germinated 10 of joint doctor's diesel ryder using the paper towel method, and within 24 hrs I had 10 taprots showing. I then placed them in rapid rooter soil plugs, and into the humidity dome they went. They stayed in the dome under 2 agro veg bulbs for 4 days until the roots broke through the bottom of the plug. I then placed them in 2 gal grow bags with Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. I'm using a Hydrofarm 400 MH/HPS, cool mist humidifier, air purifier, fox farm nutes, and 3 fans. Also, there is a window I open daily for fresh air. These pics are at age 15, and besides a couple of plants having a few leaves that are curling upwards, I think they are pretty healthy looking. Here, I'll just let the pictures do the rest of the talking!

P1030625.jpg

P1030626.jpg

P1030627.jpg

Hello Growkindnugs :)

Looking wonderful :aok:

When I grow Lowryders I put the seed direct in the soil after the tap root shows, ive had no problems at all, we all do things differently.

I will be watching your grow with interest :hubba:

:peace:

hey hippy, glad you're on board!! I'm a forsure hippy in the usa, Florida to be exact..How's england? I've heard great things, especially about the hashish, haha. And i've seen people start the auto's both ways with great success. I'm pretty sure i just spotted 3 males, i'm gonna give it a day or 2 then pull those bastards. I do plan on making a small amount of seeds, so i gotta save at least one. peace

good lookin grow! What is the average time for the diesel ryders, start to finish?

thanks alot maine...this is my first go round with the diesel ryder, but I've seen several grows of it that lasted approximately 56 to 61 days

Its good that your going to make your own seeds, from my experience you get 2 males to 1 female, so a healthy seed supply is needed :)

Where did you get your seeds from?

Growkindnugs, I really like your setup, and your plants look great. Yes, please keep us updated on this one.

thanks a lot Young, i'll def keep everybody posted! i got my seeds from attitude seedbank, i feel like its the best place right now, especially for those of us who are located within the nasty USA! i'm gonna give it another day or so, but it looks like i have a 50/50 split of m/f. the 5 ladies are doing really well and i'll post some more pics in the morning...peace

Nice set up.Don't kill anything until you see actual male flowers. I'm growing diesel ryder right now, along with a few other strains, and the DR gave me the first female to show sex. It also gave me the second to last female, out of thirty four girls, so wait for it.

Also, if you want to breed DR's, watch your phenos. In my DR's, I have two distinct phenos; one is short and almost round in stature, like a tennis ball of bud on a stick; the other one is taller with lots of side branching. They tennis balls also showed sex super early, so wait to see them take off before you put any pollen on them.

Good Luck

I'm going to watch this as well, I've been trying to follow auto threads. I'm going to order some sort of autos soon.

thanks alot guys! i'll forsure wait a little while before i murder any of those males. 4 of them are showing little balls, and another has nothing yet, so i'm gonna give it some time. stay tuned

Looks good, cant wait for buds I bet!

More pics!

ohhh, the anticipation is killing me, i CANNOT wait for some fresh heady nugs, i've been smoking mediocre buds for too long! got some new pics up, looks like i got 5 females, and thats the 5 males on the outside! i also switched to the hps bulb.

P1030646.jpg

P1030647.jpg

P1030648.jpg

lookin very very nice there man:) i wish i had the skills to do that:( lol ill be:watchplant:

Are you using the standard bulbs in the HID??
Just wondering.

well, its a 400w MH ballast and I just put in a standard hps conversion bulb.

alright dudes, got some new pics, 18 days old! 5 females. I decided to kill all the males and make seeds on my next go round. pic 2 is the biggest, bushiest female, she is my queen! their all really healthy

P1030653.jpg

P1030654.jpg

P1030655.jpg

Latest posts

Back