does smoking near your plants harm them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardercross91

Reaction score
hey everyone, to start i tell you guys why im asking. i gave up the only room im aloud to smoke in in the house to grow some plants, i was just curious if i were to still smoke in their will it do any harm to the plants?

but... I don't think it would have any adverse effects... in fact, the plants will help to clean the air in the room.... :hubba:

of course... too much of any toxin will kill anything....

howdy Bc91,i too am a smoker, and i always leave them at the door when i go in my room.im sure there is some official info somewhere on why it isnt good.i dont do it simply because it aint good for me so it must not be good for them.

Im sure its not ideal but ive never had anything but great results and smoke like a chimney.

if its not cigarettes, I smoked with my grow the hole time, so check out my journal. I dont think its enough to do anything, anyways you should have a intake/outtake, and fan, so the smoke gets blown through and out anyways. Im sure it can clog pores, but this would have to be soo much smoke you would need to be smoking a never ending blunt. ITS FINE, no real studies about it, and i dont think it even harmed my plants, as long have you have fresh co2.

i was just asking because i had a couple young sprouts, and smoked near them and all the sudden 2 hours later they started drooping, wasnt sure what the cause would be and wanted to make sure this wasnt it.

possibly :hitchair: i dont really thing so :eek: but who knows... it could be a biz-zillion different questions to determine if smoke was surely was effecting your plant... idk bro maby puff outside untill 'shes' a little bigger

Not sure on that, but I smoke cigg's. Not in my grow box though. Occasionally I smoke in the same room(door open) as grow box which does have an intake and outtake, but if the whole room is your grow box, I would want to open a window and smoke by it just in case?

Smoke got no effect at all on them the stuff in cigs which i cant remember the name of is something they like/can handle where as we would die from lol

Ive been smoking cigs and pot in there with mine and there is no problems to see. the plants do use some of the carsonigens from the smoke. Its not so much the carbon monoxide that the ciggs put off that will harm them more then it will you naturally but the smoke does have some ammount of carbon dioxide in it that we breath out when we exhale and there is what the platns really use. They breath the air that we naturally produce as exaust for their air, and the circle of life goes on.

:( It cant be good for plants to have smoke clogging their pores and the harmful stuff in 2nd hand smoke cant be good for the plants. a good exhaust will help, but IMHO it cant be good thing.

I dont think it's a good idea to smoke around your plants at all, but it also seems kinda mean, in a personified kind of way, eh??? :laugh:

That said, I do use a kerosine heater to add co2 in colder months, and I would guess my constant burning of kerosine 24 hours a day is probably worse than a little cigarette smoke, eh??? :rofl:

just like dub said,
They breath the air that we naturally produce as exaust for their air, and the circle of life goes on.
thats the only + side i see, and havent seen any negative things from it, cuss i guarantee all that smoke filters out of the room in no time, with exhaust, intake. Its like feeding a baby cow, a steak. But it is just a plant, not a mammal... i think they like the attenion you give em, when you got a :bong1: in your hand, and not to mention how long you can chill with them, if you bring a chair into the grow room...

and i wouldn't say that it can 2x your plant over night. just give them some love, toke, they wont mindddd, just have ventilation.

All you guys are saying its alright to smoke near your plants?? You all must be ill-informed. Every one I've ever talked to and everything I've ever read says that smoking near your plants CAN harm them. The carcinogens and carbon monoxide (not carbon DIoxide) can clog the pores on the undersides of the leaves of your plant. Can any mods help me out on this??

mal_crane said:
All you guys are saying its alright to smoke near your plants?? You all must be ill-informed. Every one I've ever talked to and everything I've ever read says that smoking near your plants CAN harm them. The carcinogens and carbon monoxide (not carbon DIoxide) can clog the pores on the undersides of the leaves of your plant. Can any mods help me out on this??

I believe what you said is absolutely true, but the amount of smoke coming into contact with the plants would be minimal. I doubt any "noticable" negative effects can be expected.
There is a disease that mj can get from coming in contact wit tobacco,also.

just keep the door open and dont blow it on the plants

if you think you just have to smoke in the grow room

honestly ive only done it once and ive been doing some reading

and it can clog the pores and stunt growth dont listen to my earlier post

it had some weird name for what this reaction to smoke was called

i think you can find a better place to smoke anyway you dont want

your ladies getting sick then you have to worry about making them better

bearfootbob said:
I think it might harm them psychologically. :)

you got it right Bob. it would mess with my head too if I saw someone smoking my older sisters. :shocked:

:D I read that the smoke clogs the poors and might result in slowed growth but I smoke in the same room all the time because there in my closet tightly shut.

Latest posts

Back