Fellow Growers, I need help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadhooka

Junior Grower
Reaction score
I actually just joined hoping I can get some answers to a theory of mine.

I have an outdoor plant that is probably of the Sativa variety. We are 50 days away from the first frost and I can't tell whether it's started flowering or not. I decided to buy a heavy canvas tarp and cover it before I go to bed and uncover it after a couple of hours of light have passed in the morning to try and artificially induce faster flowering. I propped some rods on four sides of it so that the plant won't be crushed all night by the tarp. This would essentially give the plant 12 1/2 hrs or more of dark period. I plan to follow the proposed routine for two or three weeks and remove the tarp a couple of minutes earlier each day. My questions are as follows::confused:

1. Is this dangerous to the health of the plant as far as suffocating it or anything else?

2. Will it get too warm under the tarp for the plant (8-10 hours each night)?

3. If I don't use the tarp to induce flowering, will I end up with skimpy buds at harvest?

I want to harvest as much as I can and the plant is very healthy as I write this. I absolutely don't want to kill my plant with a tarp I paid 50 bucks for, that would ****! Of course, next time I will certainly use an Indica variety so that it flowers earlier.

I know this is an oddball question, but this is the sort off thing I imagine some people in northern climates might encounter when they start with the wrong type of seed. I would appreciate any help all of the more experienced growers can offer me.

I have heard of people putting garbage bags over their outdoor plants...if you are consistent, i dont think it would be a bad thing...i could be wrong though...just my $.02

This plant is to big for one garbage bag to fit around it. Maybe three or four will work.

Will the thin plastic of a garbage bag keep Sunlight out?

maybe a double layer!!

Make a cheap azz frame out of PVC piping and drape whatever you have over it....blanket, trash bags, tarp, etc.

should cost you very little.

Latest posts

Back