first grow and new camera.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4u2sm0ke said:
:ciao: I know Cowboy here says he may put an airstone in there..I say its needed. and cut those fan leafs fingers in half..it will help as well...good luck..KEEP M GREEN
cut the fan leaf fingers in half?? sorry but i dont understand.
EDIT: i should add im intoxicated and should have waited until morning to post,but when your drunk and eat some food nothing better than to read up on some stuff.later yall

noneedforalarm said:
cut the fan leaf fingers in half?? sorry but i dont understand.
EDIT: i should add im intoxicated and should have waited until morning to post,but when your drunk and eat some food nothing better than to read up on some stuff.later yall

:ciao: :rofl: sobber up my friend and hold this:bong1: while I show you..

after you take the clipping cut the fan leafs fingers in half..this helps cutting focus more on roots then leaf..here are mine in the Bubblers..Hope this helps

030.JPG

031.JPG

yo the greatest thing is happening,i have had zero and i mean zero wilt.using no hormones or any medium...just some clean RO(and some other special things like ultraviolet filtering n such)water to sit in.but there are what look like oxygen bubbles surrounding the base of the cut and the clones have actually perked up.
and perked from the limp state they were in when i cut them and sat them in there.i went out and woke up this morning so basically after 18 hours in the tub they are doing fantastic.you think i should still chop em down even after this good show there putting on?

if you look really close at the comparision shot from yesterday and today you can easily see the plant has gained more stability than it was when it was originally on the plant.

DSC00557 [800x600].JPG

Im not sure,,but those straws might be a little tight taking the plant and roots out unless you cut the plant out of the straw when the roots grow. Like I said I dont know for sure but ya might use something a little bigger.;) Maybe someone else thats done this will know for sure. I used a bigger tube then that because I was thinking about not hurting the roots pulling thru a small straw,,cause believe it or not thats what I started to use.

i plan on cutting them out if that is the case(the case being to big to fit through).whats anyones thoughts on the clones not wilting and the fact that they look better than they did on the plant? im highly interested in hearing opinions on this one.

Not sure,,Seems the uptake on the cutting is working better then it did on the plant. Maybe root problem on main plant.;)

By the way,,I just thought of something. If your roots are to big to get ot of the straw,they will also be to big to fit thru the hole the straw fits in on the lid, right?

CowboyBudsky said:
Not sure,,Seems the uptake on the cutting is working better then it did on the plant. Maybe root problem on main plant.;)

By the way,,I just thought of something. If your roots are to big to get ot of the straw,they will also be to big to fit thru the hole the straw fits in on the lid, right?
thats what a knife is for ;) haha...the thing is i can always replace the container...so that is irrelavent.i appreciate the observation and concern to details.

a pair of siccors removes the straw as well..no worries..and they are getting great oxygen to the stem.That is why they stand at attention the next Day..i dont put anything in my cloner water either..just watch the water level..keep us posted:bolt::bong:

ok then,not sure what happened but i believe smokinmom is responsible so i thank you and apologize,but anyone could see why i would get angry,especially one person in particular,and it isnt the kid harassing this thread.

:ciao: looks like MOM has been cleaning House :giggle: or Hick..cleaning the Clubhouse :rofl:

ok so its been 6 days since ive made my cuts and i have some questions for the experienced people observing my progress.as stated its been 6 days and i have them sitting in water as my medium...there has been absolutely no wilt in my clones since day one,there still isnt any wilt today as a matter of fact,they continue to grow im sure if not growing then there stretching out.i have even read of algae forming and people changing the water because of it,i have had no such problem.but my question is the discoloring on the leaves.i think its a lack of nutes.but im not sure so im asking.once again there has been nothing bad looking with these just this only problem.now is there anyway to address this problem without using a medium.can i continue to let them be for another 6 days until they root finally?or what?plz any response is welcomed and i thank all those who take part...one more thing for the new ppl reading this(if any)...whats your take on fresh cuttings not wilting even at day six in nothing but some filtered water from the water station?note:the water is from a watering station that uses RO(reverse osmosis)and plenty of other goodies like ultraviolet filtering and about 4 other so called "advanced" techniques for filtering the water.

DSC00569 [800x600].JPG

DSC00572 [800x600].JPG

i thought i added this earlier...i have not changed the water since i put the clones in the bucket btw.the water looks the same as it did when i put it in there,i shake periodically to reduce the possibility of any organisms being produced in the still water.

EDIT:if anyones suggestion is to get some nutes to add to the water i would like to ask for suggestions as to where to get some nutes for this purpose without having a hydro store around.such as home depot and walmart blah blah blah there terrible shops thats for sure.

I give my Clones some SuperThrive and they look really healthy. I have heard that Nitrogen is not good for making roots. So I havent gave mine any nutes eather.

CowboyBudsky said:
I give my Clones some SuperThrive and they look really healthy. I have heard that Nitrogen is not good for making roots. So I havent gave mine any nutes eather.
haha i dont get it...you say you give your clones superthrive? is that not nutes?and where would i go to purchase such a thing?no online sites either.i can only do shopping in local area.

noneedforalarm said:
haha i dont get it...you say you give your clones superthrive? is that not nutes?and where would i go to purchase such a thing?no online sites either.i can only do shopping in local area.

NO,,they are Vitamins, not fertalizers.;) I got mine from Hydro Store.

CowboyBudsky said:
NO,,they are Vitamins, not fertalizers.;) I got mine from Hydro Store.
yeah it pays to type in superthrive in the google bar:rolleyes:
and im so lucky to not have a hydro store around.life is good.

:ciao: ok 6 days have you been peaking in there?..and do you see any bumps on the stem? you still have 4-8 days..be patient..I dont have time right now Daughter has Band concert..I will be back okay..Superthrive can be found at Home Depot or Lowes..and i dont add anything to mine but more water...and I too use water station..they set my PH and add the goodies as yours does...and You are :aok: ill be back:bolt::bong:

is there an air stone in there?

The yellowing is Normal..the clone is useing the nutes to form roots..I have to say I do like to cutt my leafs..but they still root..okay really need to go now check my fall Grow..

:bong: indeed!! thank you 4u2smoke... yes he doing good JOB!!

4u2sm0ke said:
:ciao: friend.. I have just skimmed threw your grow..you PM me asking about cloneing some plants..First I want to be sure we are cloneing Females...we dont want to waste our time with males..And why would you say people are slamming your grow journal and you dont want to post as much? You are doing an Awesome job..and the only thing I would is add more pics:rofl: thats what brings me in the most..and you will see thats what I bring to you..

here are some links for you to read threw
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16565
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17650
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2441

Hope this helps:bolt::bong:

Latest posts

Back