Growing in Colorado Laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glowackattack

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've been reading around this forum for a couple days now, and the only question i have that i cannot find an answer to is what types of laws/punishments are there for growing marijuana in the state of Colorado??

Hope someone has an answer for me...Thanks for your help!!

colorado is pretty leaniant if you get your card you are good. a friend of mine got caught with a nice setup two rooms about 30 plants got 2 years of probation. colo. cops dont care about weed because us voters have told them not to

Yea, i dont have a card, i dont really plan to apply to get one either. 2 yrs probation seems pretty good for 30 plants, i just plan to have one, not for sale, just to grow for myself.

Thanks for the norml link, i've been there plenty of times but never noticed that, so the way i am reading it, i would think one plant without selling anything would just be a petty offense...anyone else take that differently??

I believe the legal law in CO is that you can have 6 plants total while only three can be maturing at a time. Get the card and be done with it.

I wish they had it in my state, **** people get some long time for anything just about.

Here in Maine you can hold up to 1.25 oz. and only get a $200.00 CIVAL ticket. ( its NOT a crime )
I know a fellow that was driving home after we got done playing poker about 1am and was pulled over for swirving, he was still smoking the joint when the cop walked up to his window, apperently he forgot it was weed that he was smoking. He got a 200.00 cival ticket and was told to chuck the roach out the window.
For growing 5 plants or under its a misdermenor punishable up to 6 months in jail or 1000.00 fine.
5 to 20 plants is a felony up to 1 year in jail or 2000.00 fine.
However, no one goes to jail for a handful of plants here, IT'S EVERYWHERE !
And i mean it grows outside all over and their are no "raids" or "issues" about it, as there is no crime here and only 3 cops in my town, lol.

Actually to be accurate, the governor just signed the new law LD250 which later this fall allows to to carry 2.5 oz. with only a 200.00 CIVAL ticket.

Nice!!! Step by step we get closer and closer to not having someone tell us what we can and cant do with our bodies, at least when it comes to pot...

Nice!!! Step by step we get closer and closer to not having someone tell us what we can and cant do with our bodies, at least when it comes to pot...

Strange that you can murder a baby through abortion LEAGALLY, but can't smoke pot legally without a doctors note !!!!!
Strange laws we have here !

mrkingford said:
Strange that you can murder a baby through abortion LEAGALLY, but can't smoke pot legally without a doctors note !!!!!
Strange laws we have here !

Ooooo....I'm not going to comment on that one :) But i agree, strange laws in the land of the free indeed.

Latest posts

Back