harvest time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy olson

Reaction score
do you think this baby is ready to harvest
20230723_190927.jpg

gotcha but she is an autoflower does that make a dif
Don’t go by what breeders say as far as ‘flower time’ like ‘60 days’ or ‘7-8 weeks’. That is marketing. Breeders want to have the shortest ‘time to harvest’ they can get because consumers want buds quickly. The plants are not ready until they are ready. As subby said above, look at the trichomes close up with a loupe or a usb microscope. They are pretty cheap. I like 30x magnification myself because I don’t have a steady hand. I shoot for 20-30% amber trichomes.

Don’t go by what breeders say as far as ‘flower time’ like ‘60 days’ or ‘7-8 weeks’. That is marketing. Breeders want to have the shortest ‘time to harvest’ they can get because consumers want buds quickly. The plants are not ready until they are ready. As subby said above, look at the trichomes close up with a loupe or a usb microscope. They are pretty cheap. I like 30x magnification myself because I don’t have a steady hand. I shoot for 20-30% amber trichomes.

20 to 30 % eh………

which begs the question , how many trichomes must we count to get an accurate reading on ripeness?……100?…..200?

do we count the trichomes on the top of the plant , in the middle , or the bottom?

what about inner buds next to the main stalk , do we open one up,and count the inner hidden trichomes?

troy , this is science and we must trust the science

for an accurate reading , may I suggest examining at least 10,000 trichomes from the top of the plant , the middle , the bottom , and the inner buds?

now that’s science!

by the way , what does your plant smell like?

20 to 30 % eh………

which begs the question , how many trichomes must we count to get an accurate reading on ripeness?……100?…..200?

do we count the trichomes on the top of the plant , in the middle , or the bottom?

what about inner buds next to the main stalk , do we open one up,and count the inner hidden trichomes?

troy , this is science and we must trust the science

for an accurate reading , may I suggest examining at least 10,000 trichomes from the top of the plant , the middle , the bottom , and the inner buds?

now that’s science!

by the way , what does your plant smell like?
😂
Gotta have some number to use as a guesstimate, right? Especially for someone just starting out until they get a ‘feel’ for it. I would bet dollars to donuts my guesstimates are somewhat less than 20-30% if I could sample 10,000 trichomes from various parts of the plant. Maybe 10%?

😂
Gotta have some number to use as a guesstimate, right? Especially for someone just starting out until they get a ‘feel’ for it. I would bet dollars to donuts my guesstimates are somewhat less than 20-30% if I could sample 10,000 trichomes from various parts of the plant. Maybe 10%?

I will take that bet and pony up and put my money where my mouth is

IMG_5123.jpeg

Killed my first two autos…said never again

Grew four photos stunted them so badly one wouldn’t even produce tiny buds and one does while two made it to bud status and look awesome.

So either now I know how to grow autos or…..tune in soon to watch 4 autos suffer and die horribly or maybe not

Yep if I was a Munster I would be Grandpa

Latest posts

Back