Is this what I think it is?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernHoney

1st timer
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I have been hovering over my babes with a magnifying loop (my best $10.00 purchase) and I am seeing my preflower begin. In my newbie mind the first 3 pics are girls and the 4th is a male, am I right. Now of course this comes with the next question... Should I kill the males already or wait until I put them under 12/12? Which leads me to the next question... When should I do this? I wanted to wait a couple more weeks so they could get a little more size. Any suggestions would be great, Thanks.

001.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

the 3rd i cnt realy tell but the other are female i would kill the male at first signs unless you want it to breed with

Out of 12 plants I germed I have 5 females, 2 were the femmed white widows and I got 3 females out of the 10 orange blossoms. I only have a 400 watt MH, my hubby is getting me a bigger reflector and a HPS light for flowering for my birthday. How many plants will that lighting work for? My guess is 3? Is that correct?

3rd pic is tough to call I wld wait on it longer...the other 3 look female....congrats
What is the size of your grow space? That will determine your lumen needs not number of plants so much....

NorthernHoney said:
Out of 12 plants I germed I have 5 females, 2 were the femmed white widows and I got 3 females out of the 10 orange blossoms. I only have a 400 watt MH, my hubby is getting me a bigger reflector and a HPS light for flowering for my birthday. How many plants will that lighting work for? My guess is 3? Is that correct?

Hey hey northernhoney..
it depends on the space you have to light... and how many plants you can put in.. my tent is 8ft/2 so by rights i can do 8.... at 8 ft/2 with my 400 that gives me 6250 lumens per sqft.. which is good bcuz its over the minimum of 5000 lumens per sqft..
first time growing in the tent i filled my tubs right up.. 4 each giving me 8 ladies.. well 8 ladies at 4'+ to many whoops my bad.. 6-5 woul dhave been ideal...
so if you have the sqft. and the lumens.. you can do more then 3.. it also depends on how big you want them too..
i hope my lil journal here helped hehehe
take care have a great day..
LH

Hamster Lewis said:
3rd pic is tough to call I wld wait on it longer...the other 3 look female....congrats
What is the size of your grow space? That will determine your lumen needs not number of plants so much....

:yeahthat: :clap: :peace:

Oh Thank you everyone I feel so proud! I just went down and did a rough measure and I would say to be safe my growing area is about 4x4. If I get the bigger reflector that I am begging for will that help spread the light out? I guess I could switch to a 600 watt this 400 has been a lot cooler than I thought it would be. Hmmm maybe I will have to make a nice dinner for the ol'man and butter him up for a slightly bigger birthday present. Plus we are putting in an exhaust fan this weekend I hope, they are starting to get smelly. Some of them smell just like coffee.

The third looks like a male to me...but you are not hurting anything by keeping it around to be sure, after mine showed pre-flowers I keep them for another 2 weeks, just to be sure them balls don't produce little hairs...they are so tiny...you want to be sure! I grew 6 plants under a 400w light in an 2x3 space...it was a little tight, but it worked. I have since gotten a 600w so I made a 4x4 space and use the 2x3 for my veg now

Congrats on the girls!

Thanks LF, That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing in my space... I have been plotting my design for a few days now, I just have to move a few tools. I am definately going to let the girls go for a bit more, the ww's are slow I want them to have a little grow time.

Latest posts

Back